Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together
Happy Tuesday y’all! Tomorrow is Halloween in the States so it is only appropriate that this week’s topic is “Halloween/Creepy Freebie.” In the past I’ve done a Children’s Halloween Books & Movies list, a favorite ghost stories list, and a Halloween Treats list. This year Amanda and I thought it would be fun to list the book characters we want to be for Halloween. Below are lists, in no particular order. Covers/Titles link to Blog/Goodreads/Amazon (aff).
Book Characters We Want to Be for Halloween
Lillian: When I was a kid I loved Halloween. I loved dressing up and trick or treating. Y’all I loved it SO much that I dressed up all the way until I was 13 or 14, and then in high school one of the clubs I was in went trick or treating for canned goods so I still dressed up 😉
Now I’m all about ease when it comes to dressing up. I want to be comfortable. And since I live in the South, you never know if it will be 80 degrees outside (like it was two years ago) or sleeting and snowing like it was when my son was 3. Our weather is weird here 🙄 SO not only is ease and comfort a priority but so is layering. If it’s hot I can take things off. If it’s cold I can add more layers. Get the picture. With that in mind, here are the top five characters I want to be for Halloween…..
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: A leather utility jacket, a bow and quiver with arrows, and a wig to braid (because my hair is short y’all) and I’m good to go.
- America from The Selection series by Kiera Cass: Ya’ll I still have prom dresses. I KNOW they won’t fit me after giving birth and all, but what if they did 🤔 I digress, I occasionally like to be a girly girl and dress up, this would totally give me an excuse.
- Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: Tight pants, tight shirt, dual swords and a cape. Done 😉
- Callie from The Bargainer series by Laura Thalassa: So I don’t want to spoil anything for people that haven’t read the series. Let’s just say that this costume would be infinitely harder because I’d need wings and scales, but it would be gorgeous!
- Alyssa from Splintered by A.G. Howard: Pretty much if I dressed like a grunge/emo teen I think I’d get Alyssa down pat. BUT do I want to dress like that OR do I want to dress like her underling alter ego? Decisions, decisions…..
Amanda: I’ve never really been into dressing up, I guess because I’m a bit insecure. But my kids and husband LOVE it, so I think I could get into it – especially if I could be any of these characters…
- Eowyn from The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkein: Who doesn’t want to wear a flowy gown, then be totally bad with a sword and hero story?? I’d totally love to dress as Eowyn for the night. “No man can take this candy.” “I AM NO MAN.” violently grabs fistfuls of candy and dashes away on stick horse
- Molly Weasley from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling : Okay, this might seem like a weird one – but I love Molly Weasley. Can’t you just hear her?? “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???” I love her to pieces and I want to be her, not just cosplay her. I also want her magical cleaning/cooking skills, let’s not kid each other. What I could give to “scourgio” my whole house.
- A Shadowhunter from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare: So, if you’ve read my other posts, you know I have an enduring love for the Shadowhunter realms. I love the whole universe, as far forward or backward in time as you can go. I feel like it’d be a secret few who would know what this was, making it even cooler when someone is like, “Hey, she’s a Shadowhunter,” and then run away because they’re dressed as a demon and I’m coming to slay them, right after I polish off these Reese cups.
- Linh Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: Next up is Linh Cinder from the Lunar Chronicles, portrayed as her humble beginning as a mechanic. I love her story, and again I feel like this is a fandom few would recognize, making it even cooler. 🙂
- Aelin Galathynius from Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass: The penultimate costume. The Fire Queen by day, sneaky cloaked assassin by night. How amazing would Aelin be at retrieving the candies?? And we all know she’d be pickpocketing her friends’ chocolate. Maybe not Lysandra’s chocolate…
Your Turn! What characters would you like to dress up for Halloween as? Have you done so before? Share below ♥️