The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! I can’t believe Tuesday will be October. We are entering my favorite time of the year….the last three months. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. I love it all! My porch is decorated (don’t ask me when I had the time because I honestly don’t have an answer, it’s been hectic to say the least), little man’s Halloween costume is ordered (werewolf), and I’ve got an exciting things happening on the blog in December (think Christmas, Hallmark-ish, and giveaways).
September was a good, but BUSY month, especially this last week. I finished the cornholes for little man’s Fall Festival silent auction which was Friday night. Last I looked at the auction sheet it was up to $195 🙌 With Fall Festival over, we are now counting down the days to Fall Break. We ALL need it. Just 7 more days….
Last Sunday I got to meet up with author Michelle Bryan on her writer’s retreat in the Great Smoky Mountains. In addition to catching up with her, I finally got to put a face with the name for several authors I work with on YA Books Central. It was a great day, and y’all they are a fantastic, fun group of girls!
On Thursday this past week, I met up with Amanda, the other Mom with a Reading Problem. She’s in town visiting family. It’s the first time I’ve seen her since my wedding, and it was great catching up with her. It was like no time at all had passed. Granted our Facebook messenger is full of bookish and random chats 😉
Reading wise, September was a slow month for me. It was just a busy month, and the few times I sat down to read, I fell asleep 😂 I did manage to read 5 books and listen to 3 audiobooks. I guess 8 isn’t too bad considering last year I was averaging 4 a month on a good month 🤷♀️
October is going to be a good month. It will….I’m chanting this y’all. I need a good, relaxing month. One I can read and enjoy the weather (if it cooperates, we are having record breaking heat currently). Plus vacation!
Favorite September ’19 Read
Reviews in September ’19
- The Great Hunt (audio) by Wendy Higgins ★★★★★
- American Royals by Katherine McGee ★★★★★
- The Fire Prophecy by Megan Linski, Alicia Rades ★★★
- The Great Pursuit by Wendy Higgins ★★★★★
- The Fractured Empire by Robin D. Mahle ★★★★★
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★
- Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol ★★★
- Lord of Snow and Shadows by Sarah Ash ★★★★½
- Intuition by Amy A. Bartol ★★★½
Other September ’19 Fun
- Sunday Post #179 – August ’19 in Review
- Sunday Post #180 – One Busy, One Resting
- TTT #177 – TBR Reads I’m Avoiding
- WoW #164 – The Light at the Bottom of the World
- Sunday Post #181 – Exciting Things are Coming
- TTT #178 – Reading Comfort Foods
- WoW #165 – Eight Will Fall
- Sunday Post #182 – Sooooo Tired
- TTT #179 – My Fall 2019 TBR List
- WoW #166 – Crown of Oblivion
- Sunday Post #183 – September ’19 in Review
- 2019 Reading Challenges: 3rd Quarter Update
Coming Up This Week
- 2019 Reading Challenges – 3rd Quarter Update
- TTT | “Book Titles with Numbers in Them” hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
- WoW | What are you waiting on this week?
- Indebted by Amy A. Bartol – audiobook review
- Sterling by Dannika Dark – #MyTBRL review
This Week’s Book Fix
Your Turn! What are you looking forward to in October? What books did you read in September? Share below