The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Amanda’s Weekly Update
I have been so SICK this week. No idea what happened, just headaches and nausea, and I was knocked out. Down for the count. Wiped out. I couldn’t even READ, so I napped, whined and watched anime like a teenager. Once I felt better, I took my oldest, by herself, to the library. I didn’t know our library HAD a YA section…but I FOUND IT. Accidentally. While looking at something completely different, I saw, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the spines of some Shadowhunter books and let out a gasp that scared the pants off my daughter. 😂😂 Poor girlie. Passion about books is a little beyond my sweet, active child. All-in-all, my week is rounding out nicely, with some homemade pumpkin bread (that I made with my two girls) and Clockwork Angel on Audible.
I feel pretty good about the amount of reading and reviewing I’ve done this month compared to the last, o say, YEAR. Thank you to anyone who read the reviews I wrote or the memes I participated in. I love throwing my two cents in there. 😊 And I hope you all have a wonderful August, full of lots of words on paper and proper air conditioning.
Lillian’s Weekly Update
Happy Sunday y’all! Where did Summer go 😭 My little man starts school in a week. I’m not ready to send him back yet. I love having him home. Last month, I’m not gonna lie, we were lazy. Little man might have put clothes on five days, the rest of the month we had PJ days. We played Minecraft, Super Mario Maker, and Roblox. He worked more on his Scratch game (this is a program that teaches computer coding), and we read his Summer reading assignment (Matilda by Roald Dahl). We’ve had a great summer break, and we plan to end it this week with a trip to Dollywood.
Reading wise, it was a good month. I’m making something for my cousin’s baby (her shower is next week and I’ll show it off after I know she’s opened it) so I’ve listened to audiobooks a lot more than usual. In July, I read 7 books and listened to 5 audiobooks for a total of 12 this month 🙌
Favorite July ’19 Read
Reviews in July ’19
- Storm and Fury by Jennifer L Armentrout ★★★★★
- The Chosen One by Siobhan Davis ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling ★★★★★
- Marvels and Misfits by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★★
- The Gauntlet by Rebecca Ethington ★★★★★
- Once Upon a Bad Boy by Melonie Johnson ★★★★
- Kingdom of Exiles by Maxym M. Martineau ★★★★
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson ★★★★
- Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken ★★★★★
- War by Laura Thalassa ★★★★★
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black ★★★★
- Jack of Thieves by Ben Hale ★★★★
- The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins ★★★★
Other July ’19 Fun
- TTT #169 – Childhood Favorites
- WoW #155 – Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine
- Sunday Post #172 – Independence Week
- TTT #170 – Our Favorite Side Characters
- WoW #156 – Chilling Effect by Valerie Valdes
- Sunday Post #173 – A Productive Week
- TTT #171 – Auto-Buy Authors
- WoW #157 – A Treason of Thorns
- Sunday Post #174 – Dog Days of Summer
- TTT #172 – Settings We Want to See More Of
- WoW #158 – Loki: Where Mischief Lies
- Sunday Post #175 – Grace
- TTT #173 – Our Favorite Brooders
- WoW #159 – Kingdom of Souls
Coming Up This Week
- The Raging Ones by Krista and Becca Ritchie – review
- TTT | “Cover Redesigns I Loved/Hated” hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
- WoW | What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
- Children’s Corner | Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – audio review
- The Lost Sisters by Holly Black – audio review
This Week’s Book Fix
I didn’t purchase any new books this week. However I did join Audible Escape and have listened to two audiobooks from their selections this week alone! If like me you devour audiobooks and your two credits a month are already gone, this might be the way to go.
Your turn! What was your favorite July read? Are you nearing the end of Summer break? Share below
Psst….I’m participating in Because Reading’s #MyTBRL meme this month. Help me out please and vote for the book I’ll read this month. Winner announced on Saturday.