The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! Friday was the last day of school for little man, and we’ve had a busy week. Field Day, Awards Day, Summer Splash end of year party, and then finally a rest day. Every year we encourage Liam to make good grades and reward him at the end of the school year with money for those grades. This year he worked really hard and made all A’s and one B (spelling which has always been a struggle for us because of his speech development). We are so proud of him. This year he used his money on a small blow up pool and a movie (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World). We’ve really enjoyed the pool.
Last night to cap off the school year we went to the movies to see Aladdin. I’m not sure if this was for my son as much as it was for me. I was his age when the cartoon came out, and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I was hesitant at first about Will Smith as the genie. How could anyone possibly measure up to the iconic performance by Robin Williams? Y’all Smith is fantastic!!! He brought his own flavor to the genie but also kept the whimsy Williams brought to it. Seriously I got chills when Smith broke out into Arabian Nights. Perfect!
Reading wise I’ve not got much reading done this week. We’ve been so busy that my reading was relegated to night only and well that devolved into me falling asleep on the couch. I did manage to finish one book last week so it wasn’t a total wash out.
Listening To 🎧
Last Week on the Blog
- Wildcard by Marie Lu ★★★
- TTT #163 – Books I’ve Shared with Friends
- WoW #149 – The Beckoning Shadow by Katharyn Blair
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling ★★★★★
- Golden Curse by M. Lynn ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #166 – School’s Out for Summer
Coming Up This Week
- Shock of Fate by D.L. Armillei – review
- TTT | “Favorite Books Released in the Last Ten Years (one book for each year)” hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
- Brentwood’s Ward by Michelle Griep – review
- The Innkeeper’s Daughter by Michelle Griep – review
This Week’s Book Fix 📚
Your Turn! What are you reading this week? Share below