Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together
Happy Tuesday y’all! This week’s topic is “Backlist Books I Want to Read.” By definition, backlist books are books that are older on a publisher’s list (aka NOT new releases). I have a ton of backlist books I’d like to read. Since becoming a blogger, I feel like a lot of good books have slipped through my fingers. They’ve been put on the TBR list to be forgotten in favor of ARCs. It’s one of the reasons I took a break this summer. To find my passion for reading again, I delved into the books on my TBR shelf, ignoring those ARCs. Now I think I have a good balance, reading books I want to read and the ones I have to read. Below is my list of backlist books I want to read, in no particular order. As always, covers/titles link to Blog/Goodreads/Amazon(aff).
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare: I’ve slowly been making my way through this series since my husband bought them for me in 2015. The last one I finished was City of Fallen Angels. I’m hoping to complete the series early next year because I’d also really like to read The Infernal Devices and The Dark Artifices.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan: A patient of mine back when I was still working as a nurse wanted me to read these books. I bought the series in paperback way back when, but I’ve yet to make the time to read the books. I know I’d enjoy them. I’m hoping to make the time next year.
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige: I LOVED the first book in this series. So much so that I bought the rest of the series. I need to read it asap. This dark retelling of Oz is fantastic and I need to know how it ends.
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey: I really enjoyed The 5th Wave, but I haven’t had a chance to finish the series yet. And after that cliffhanger, I really need to make the time to read this one.
- Beastly by Alex Flinn: I own this entire series. Yet I have not even cracked the spine once. I need to read it. I’ve found that I love retellings, and I’m intrigued by the twist of this series involving one witch.
- Legend by Marie Lu: The first book by Lu that I read was The Young Elites and I loved it! I really liked Lu’s writing style and her story-telling ability. Knowing both of these things AND my love for dystopians means that I need to read this book.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I read and loved the Six of Crows duology before I realized it was from the same universe as this book. I now own the trilogy and just need to find the time to read it. Preferably before the new duology hits shelves next year.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: When I first started blogging, I was bombarded with people telling me I had to read this book. I’ve yet to do so which I regret. I think I’d really enjoy it.
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld: Another dystopian that I own and haven’t had the chance to read. The premise is interesting to me and not like anything I’ve read before. Which y’all I need. It’s been a while since I’ve read something unique.
- Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I mentioned this book a few weeks ago on the favorite authors that I haven’t read all their books list. I love Greek mythology, AND I LOVE urban mythology. And you know I love JLA, SO why haven’t I read this one yet?!
Your Turn! What backlist books do you want to read? Have you read any of mine? Which do you recommend I start with? ♥️