The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! This week blew by as I knew it would. To be honest, it wasn’t the best of weeks for us. As most of you know, my husband and I are currently going through fertility treatments in the hopes of having more children. The doctor’s news was good, we can even start attempting the next cycle. However the cost is high and with the news we received from my husband’s work this week (see this Sunday Post for more info) it’s looking like we will not be having more children. My heart hurts to even think about it and it makes me so angry at the entire situation which is not how I want the holidays to be spent. I feel like our world just tipped on its axis and we are trying to reorder every thing we thought we knew. It hurts so if you are the praying type, we would appreciate those prayers in the coming weeks.
Reading wise it was a decent week. I read 3 books and listened to one. I’m close to my Goodreads goal this year, but I don’t think I’ll make it which will be the first time since joining Goodreads. It’s just been a slow reading year for me.
Yesterday we took little man to see the local production of the Nutcracker and he fell in love. I asked him if he wants to learn to dance and be the Nutcracker one day and he said yes….so it looks like I will be looking into our local dance studios 😉 After the Nutcracker, we went to the library and came home with 7 books (6 for him). It makes this bookworm mama’s heart happy that my little man enjoys reading so much. And after the bad week, it was a nice way to end it.
Last Week on the Blog
- 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 1 – Jennifer Peel
- A Cliché Christmas by Nicole Deese ★★★★★
- TTT #127 – Winter TBR Shelf
- 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 2 – Taylor Hart
- WoW #112 – Everless by Sara Holland
- 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 3 – Rachael Anderson
- 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 4 – Josi Kilpack
- The Faithful One by Cami Checketts ★★★★
- 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 5 – Janette Rallison
- Christmas with the Sheriff by Victoria James ★★★★
- 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 6 – Jennifer Griffith
- Truth or Beard by Penny Reid ★★★★
- Grin and Beard It by Penny Reid ★★★★★
- Beard Science by Penny Reid ★★★★★
- Beard in Mind by Penny Reid ★★★★
- Sunday Post #134 – The Nutcracker
Coming Up this Week
- Perfectly Summer by Robin Daniels – review
- #COYER Switch Challenge – goals post
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017” via the Broke and the Bookish
- 12 Days at Bleakly Manor by Michelle Griep – review
- The Christmas Promise by Sean D. Young – blog tour, review
- Weekend Reads | Maybe This Christmas by Jennifer Snow
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
I have zero plans for this week so I’m planning to take advantage and start wrapping presents and shopping for those I haven’t bought for yet. Then Friday arrives and my husband and I are spending a weekend alone in Nashville. I’m so excited. We got tickets to see Garth Brooks on Saturday and I’m over the moon. I cannot wait to have a whole weekend for just us. We are staying in the middle of downtown, walking distance to the arena. Any Nashville readers? Where should we hang out this weekend?