The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Sunday Monday y’all and happy September 😀 I’m a day late today….for some reason even though this was scheduled to go live yesterday it didn’t. So I thought I’d just share it today. August blew by for us! Little man started 1st grade and so far he is loving it. We have 4 birthdays we celebrate in August as well so it was definitely busy. I did get some reading in though and even enjoyed an audiobook. Total I read 9 books, listened to 1 audiobook, and wrote 10 reviews. Still not up to my average, but I’m getting there.
Favorite August Read
Perfectly You was a sweet, light-hearted read that was as perfect as the title suggests. It reminded me of the Hallmark Movies that leave you smiling long after you finish. If you enjoy YA contemporary or you’re looking for a light-hearted read, I highly recommend it.
Favorite August Quote
Most superhero stories start with a meteor shower or a nasty insect bit, but mine actually starts with a kiss. Whether it was a kiss of life or a kiss of death I still haven’t decided, but it was, surprisingly, a really good kiss. Not that I’d ever tell him that.
~from Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram
Reviews in August
- Project Pandora by Aden Polydoros
- Christmas in July by Debbie Mason ★★★★
- Happily Ever After by Kelly Oram ★★★★★
- #famous by Jilly Gagnon ★★★
- Zero Repeat Forever by G.S. Prendergast ★★★
- It Happened on Love Street by Lia Riley ★★★★
- Perfectly You by Robin Daniels ★★★★★
- The Eye of the North by Sinéad O'Hart ★★★★
- Fallen Heir by Erin Watt ★★★★★
- The Irish Getaway by Siobhan Davis ★★★½
Other August Fun
- August ’17 To-Be Read List
- WoW #98 – Rebel Seoul by Axie Oh
- Sunday Post #118 – Lazy Days of Summer
- Merry Mondays #32 – Back to School
- TTT #119 – Ten Reasons I will Read a Book
- WoW #99 – There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins
- Sunday Post #119 – Last Day of Summer Vacation
- Release Blitz: The Hummingbird Heart by A.G. Howard
- WoW #100 – Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
- Sunday Post #120 – First Week of School
- WoW #101 – The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano
Coming Up this Week
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books I Struggled to Get Into But Ended Up Loving or Ten Books That Were A Chore To Get Through or Ten Books I’ve Most Recently Put Down” via the Broke and the Bookish
- The Last One by Alexandra Olivia – audio review
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller – review
- Weekend Reads | Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn – series review
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in September?
September did not start off how we planned. In fact the last day of August dealt us a blow that we did not see coming. While I can’t give the whole story, I can talk in hypotheticals 😉 So hypothetically, you are a salaried employee. You get your paycheck and go about your business. You have monthly meetings about the money you bring in and they base it off the salary you are being told you make. Then this month rolls along and at the meeting the company has bad news. They’ve been over paying you for the last 13 months. They expect you to pay it back over the next year. Okay….how much you ask? Now this is all hypothetical, but imagine a sum that would break you, send you into bankruptcy if they garnish your wages over a year as this is the option they present you. You just bought a house. What will you do? Seriously though, y’all…what would you do?! I’m panicking here. We have no back up plan. But again this is all hypothetical…..?