The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! This week was a low key week. It has rained every day….EVERY DAY!!! My little man is getting stir crazy. He’s not a fan of getting dirty so going out an playing in the vast amount of mud we have isn’t appealing to him. Though we have made it out a few days where lightening hasn’t accompanied the rain and played. It’s better than nothing I guess. Last year I was complaining about no rain and drought. This year we’ve had a very wet summer. At least it makes for good reading time.
Independence Day in the US was celebrated on Tuesday. We spent the day with my parents, had ribs and shot some fireworks rather than going to the city’s big celebration. It was nice, low key, even if my dad nearly killed me with a stray bottle rocket ? Sorry Daddy, you’re never living that one down.
Reading wise, I read three books this week, The Savage Dawn by Melissa Grey being my favorite. Seriously if you enjoy urban fantasy, grab this series and binge it this week. It doesn’t disappoint.
Last Week on the Blog
- Merry Mondays #31 – Rebels with a Cause
- WoW #97 – Warcross by Marie Lu
- The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey ★★★★★
- The Savage Dawn by Melissa Grey ★★★★★
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #115 – Rain, Rain Go Away
Coming Up this Week
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King – review
- Beating Summer Boredom – Children’s Corner
- Perfectly Oblivious by Robin Daniels – review
- Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine – review
- Weekend Reads | Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones – review
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
This week we are prepping for a mini-vacation followed by a staycation. The hubby has next week off and we are heading to the mountains for a couple of much needed relaxation days. When we get back, I have a honey do-list for a few things around the house: putting shelving up in the laundry room, fixing shelving in pantry, organizing garage, etc. I don’t expect us to get it all done but we can at least get it started. Reading wise I have a few arcs calling my name that are due out in August plus about 10 reviews to write so I’ll be busy.
What did you read this week? Are you binging a favorite series? Any vacation plans? Share below