The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! I cannot believe that it is already July. Where is this year going?! And Summer please SLOW DOWN!!! We have had a lazy, fun summer so far and I’m enjoying having little man at home. I do not want to send him back to school in 6 weeks ? June was busy but fun. We had something planned every weekend and were on the move during the week as well. Little man is participating in an online summer reading program geared towards helping him learn to read. We’ve just finished the second unit and I’m so impressed with how well he is doing. He is reading these Level 1 and 2 readers with little to no help AND he wants more which makes this mama’s inner bookworm squee!
Reading wise I think I’ve finally found my mojo again. I read 10 books this month. That’s still below my average of 12-15 but I’m getting there. I reviewed 12 books and still have several to review from my blogging break earlier this year. And don’t get me started on all the books I picked up at UTOPiAcon last weekend. I may or may not have lost my brain while meeting all those fabulous authors and picked up *cough* 70 *cough* books. I’ve got a lot of reading to do ?
Favorite June Read
Honestly, hands down The Ghost of You and Me by Kelly Oram was my favorite. I love Kelly’s writing style and ability to draw the reader in. She is a fantastic storyteller and this book has all the feels!
Favorite June Quote
He knew what he was doing. He had to know. No one got to be two hundred fifty years old without learning how to make drinking coffee look pornographic.
Reviews in June
- A Strange Hymn by Laura Thalassa ★★★★★
- Lake Town by Jane Redd ★★★
- Keeping Kyler by Siobhan Davis ★★★
- Trigger by Scarlett Dawn ★★★
- King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard ★★★★
- The Dragon's Price by Bethany Wiggins ★★★½
- The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett ★★★★
- The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber ★★★
- Transcend by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★
- And I Darken by Kiersten White ★★★½
- The Ghost of You and Me by Kelly Oram ★★★★★
- Primrose Lane by Debbie Mason ★★★★
Other June Fun
- Sunday Post #112 – Spring ’17 in Review
- Merry Mondays #30 – Fictional Fathers
- Top Ten Tuesday #114 – Out of This World Reads
- Teaser Excerpt: Primrose Lane by Debbie Mason
- TTT #115 – Authors Any Father Would Love
- WoW #94 – Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- Children’s Corner: Summertime Reading
- TTT #116 – Series on my TBR
- WoW #95 – Fireblood by Elly Blake
- My Experience at the Freakshow – UTOPiAcon 2017
- Sunday Post #113 – UTOPiACon 2017
- TTT #117 – The Best Books of 2017 So Far
- WoW #96 – Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Let freedom ring! It’s Independence Day in the US. Share a book where the characters fight for freedom.
- The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King – review
- Love in the Rockies by Ciara Knight – review
- The Savage Dawn by Melissa Grey – blog tour, review
- Weekend Reads | A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – series review
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in July?
July is a special month for us. It’s our anniversary month. This year we will be celebrating 11 years of marriage ❤️ I love him more every year! He has taken a week of vacation for our anniversary and we plan to spend some time in the mountains with little man. We also have honey do lists to complete, a few DIY projects around our new home. I’ll share pics later this month when (really I should say IF) we get them done.
Reading wise, I have some great ARCs to read and a few blog tours to prep for. I am also in the process of creating a Throne of Glass reading group before Tower of Dawn hits shelves in September. Watch the Facebook page for more info on that.
What was your favorite read in June? Anything you are looking forward to in July? Is anyone going on vaca? Share below