The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! What an odd week this was! We started the week with nice, warm Spring-like weather and ended it with an inch of snow and ice. Now where I live, everything shuts down when there is a threat of snow and honestly we get a lot of flack for it. BUT unless you’ve lived here and driven in the rural areas you won’t understand. First off the county I live in has one salt truck AND to drive from one end of the county to the other takes just over an hour. Knowing those two things, you can assume (and you’d be right) that the only roads to be salted in snowy weather are the main roads in town. Then we get the conditions we have today: ice rinks for roads. Seriously it is slick and dangerous out there and with the hills and curves it only makes it worse.
Okay off my soapbox 😉 Needless to say, I’ve enjoyed the weekend indoors, under a blanket with my books. 2017 has started off right for me. I’ve read 4 books this week, all new releases and all have been really good. I’ve also done some crocheting. I’m making a mermaid tail blanket for my niece. It’s coming along quite nice 😀
I’m finishing up The Vampire Mafia complete set by M.A. Wilder today (I hope). It’s an interesting read that kind of reminds me of the cheesy, black and white films with Humphrey Bogart. I don’t know why either! It’s set in present time with internet and cell phones and some seriously steamy romance. Regardless of my weird relation, I’m enjoying the book!
Last Week on the Blog
- Top Ten Tuesday #106 – Debuts of 2017
- Waiting on Wednesday #85 – Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Freeks by Amanda Hocking ★★★★
- V is for Virgin by Kelly Oram ★★★★
- A is for Abstinence by Kelly Oram ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #107 – First Snow of 2017
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | It’s a new year! What are your new year’s resolutions?
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Poison’s Kiss by Breeana Shields – review
- In All My Life by Ciara Knight – review, #TBRChallenge
- Weekend Reads | Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis – blog tour, review
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
Little man goes back to school tomorrow. I’m a little sad and excited. He has SO much energy and needs to get out of the house, plus he’s missed his friends. BUT I will miss having him underfoot, and I mean that. He’s a total mama’s boy and wants to do everything with me. His 6th birthday is coming up next month and I’m trying to figure out what we will do. Our apartment is really too small to have people over, so I’m trying to figure out a good idea for a party. I’d appreciate your ideas 🙂
Reading wise I have two more ARCs that release this month that I’m going to read and then I’ll chose from my #2017HW list. I’m leaning towards the next TMI book or Empire of Storms. Which do you suggest?