The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
And just like that 2016 is over! Happy New Year everyone 😀 I’m struggling over here to believe that it is now 2017 and not 2016. I was really just getting used to writing it. December went way too fast. We had a wonderful Christmas holiday with our families and of course I got way too many books but I’m not complaining. My hubby even got me the Throne of Glass coloring book! I am so excited to start coloring in it. I love the details and corresponding quotes. It’s perfect ❤️
December was a slow reading month. I only read 7 books (one of those was a reread) and reviewed only 7 books. Typing that I feel like I left y’all hanging but in reality there were posts, just not many reviews 😉 Don’t worry January will be chock full of them!
Favorite December Read
Hands down and it’s my favorite book of the year too….A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I LOVED this book! I devoured it…well as quickly as you can devour 640 pages.
Favorite December Quote
You are my salvation, Feyre.
~from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Reviews in December
- Crown of Cinders by Rebecca Ethington ★★★★★
- Mosaic by Sarah Fine ★★
- The Christmas Token by Shanna Hatfield ★★★★
- Christmas with an Angel by Debbie Mason ★★★★
- The Queen by ★★★★★
- Interception by Angela McPherson ★★★★
- The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele ★★★★
Other December Fun
- Sunday Post #103 – November ’16 in Review
- Merry Mondays #22 – It’s in the Details
- Top Ten Tuesday #102 – 2016 New To Me Authors
- Waiting on Wednesday #81 – Myths of Immortality by Raye Wagner
- Freebie Alert! From Gods by Mary Ting
- COYER Black Out Challenge Accepted!
- Sunday Post #104 – A Sad Week
- Merry Mondays #23 – I’m Dreaming of a …..
- Top Ten Tuesday #103 – Most Anticipated Books of 2017…the 1st Half
- Waiting on Wednesday #82 – The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine
- Merry Mondays #24 – You Can’t Catch Me…
- Top Ten Tuesday #104 – Books on My Wish List
- Waiting on Wednesday #83 – Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
- Sunday Post #105 – Christmas Edition
- Merry Mondays #25 – 2016 New Year New Me Update
- Top Ten Tuesday #105 – Top Books of 2016
- Waiting on Wednesday #84 – The Great Pursuit by Wendy Higgins
- 2016 Reading Challenges Complete! 4th Quarter Update
- 2017 Reading Challenges Accepted…Part 1
- 2017 Reading Challenges Accepted…Part 2
- The 2016 End of Year Book Survey
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | 2017 New Year’s Resolutions
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten 2017 Debuts I’m Excited For” via the Broke and the Bookish
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – review
- Freeks by Amanda Hocking – blog tour, review
- Weekend Reads | V is for Virgin and A is for Abstinence by Kelly Oram
Merry Mondays is coming Year Round!
That’s right friends. Starting this Monday (January 2nd), join me on the first Monday of every month and every Monday in December for Merry Mondays! January’s topic is “2017 New Year’s Resolutions.” Those resolutions can be anything from bookish, bloggish, personal, or all three. Link up will open at midnight and stay open all of January so you can post and link up at anytime during the month. I hope you’ll join me this year 😀
What are you looking forward to in January?
I’m hoping that January will be like a reset button for me. 2015 wasn’t great and neither was 2016, but 2017 will be my year! We’re in the process of buying a home now, hoping to expand our family and lots of other fun things in store. 2017 will be busy but it will be fun 😀