The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! It’s officially December….how did that happen?!?! 2016 has flown by! November was a month full of ups and downs. My community and state has suffered and as I write this my heart hurts for them. This past week alone saw a wildfire spread out of control and consume a town causing more than 14000 people to evacuate and a tornado hit in my community killing 5 and decimating a neighborhood. BUT November ended with rain. Beautiful, soaking rain, over 4 inches! In a state that has had no rain in over 60 days and -26in for the year that was a blessing in disguise. I never thought I would be so happy to hear rain pattering on the windows. Seriously y’all my ground is still wet!
November also saw the early arrival of my niece. She is happy and healthy and I can’t get enough of her. Neither can my son 😉 He’s in love and keeps asking for a sister…one day maybe. Reading wise I read 13 books (I think the slump is over friends) and wrote 10 reviews. Not too shabby after my slump.
Favorite November Read
I couldn’t pick between these two. Both are by a favorite author and are so different from one another but SO good! Strain of Defiance is the second in a sci-fi series that reminds me of a cross between The Walking Dead and Falling Skies. I seriously can’t get enough of this book. Rhapsodic is an urban fantasy series set in the same world as one of my all-time favorite series The Unearthly. I devoured this book!
Favorite November Quote
I’ve never been free of him. When the sun hits my face, it’s his shadow I see on the pavement. When the night closes in on me, it’s his darkness that blankets my room. When I fall asleep, it’s his face that haunts my dreams. He’s everywhere and in everything, and no number of lovers can make my heart forget.
~from Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa
Reviews in November
- Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram ★★★★
- Mistletoe Cottage by Debbie Mason ★★★★
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine ★★★★
- Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine ★★★★
- Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa ★★★★★
- Death Thieves by Julie Wright ★★★★
- Home for Christmas by Melissa McClone ★★★★
- Strain of Defiance by Michelle Bryan ★★★★★
- A Miracle Mountain Christmas by Ciara Knight ★★★★
- A Christmas Gift by Stella Wilkinson ★★★
Other November Fun
- Top Ten Tuesday #99 – Dystopian Book Club Reads
- Waiting on Wednesday #76 – Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
- Sunday Post #99 – Reading Mojo Returned
- 2016 HoHoHo Read-a-thon: My Goals
- Top Ten Tuesday #100 – Last 10 Books Added to My TBR
- Waiting on Wednesday #77 – The Reformer by Jaima Fixsen
- Sunday Post #100 – And I Feel Fine
- Top Ten Tuesday #101 – Favorite Movies of 2016
- Waiting on Wednesday #78 – Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
- Children’s Corner: Animals, Hockey, and Star Wars ★★★★
- Sunday Post #101 – The Awkwardness of Infertility
- Cover Reveal: Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis
- Heartbroken #PrayforChattanooga
- Waiting on Wednesday #79 – RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
- Happy Thanksgiving my USA Friends!
- Sunday Post #102 – Thanksgiving Edition
- Merry Mondays #21 – Dear Santa…
- Waiting on Wednesday #80 – Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Favorite Family Holiday Tradition
- Christmas with an Angel by Debbie Mason – release blitz, review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016” via the Broke and the Bookish
- The Queen by CJ Abedi – review
- COYER Black Out Challenge – sign up and goals post
- Weekend Reads | The Trouble with Christmas by Debbie Mason
Merry Mondays is here!
Merry Mondays started last week!! It’s a weekly meme hosted here on Mom with a Reading Problem during the month of December (and sometimes July) to celebrate Christmas and the holiday season. Each week a different topic centered around the holidays will be discussed. I hope you will join me this year and link up your holiday themed posts! Tomorrow’s topic is: Favorite Family Holiday Tradition. To see a full list of this year’s topics, click here.
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in December?
I love this time of year! It’s usually festive, people seem friendlier (though that may just be my outlook), and I love giving. We are looking forward to spending this holiday with family and friends, something we’ve had to rush the last few years since we didn’t live at home. Little man has a school musical before he gets out for three weeks. I’m excited to see it. He’s been coming home singing the songs. It’s so cute!
What was your favorite November read? See any good movies? What are you looking forward to in December? Share below