The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! This week was exciting and exhausting. The day I dreaded all year arrived on Monday. My baby, my little man started Kindergarten. I’m not really sure why I’ve dreaded it. He’s a social kid and I knew he’d love school. I think I’ve been dreading the alone time. I’m used to having him with me, pretending to be a superhero or jedi with him, playing games and reading our favorite books together all day, everyday. Now he’s at school all day. It’s a big adjustment, I think more so for me than him.
Kindergarten, according to my son, is “awesome” (yes that’s a direct quote). He loves it! He comes home every day with new stories about what he’s learned and new words too. Friday night I was singing while he was taking a bath and he told me “Silencio! There is no music in this class.” Haha!!! At least he pays attention in Spanish 😀
Reading wise, I think (I’m afraid I’ll curse myself by saying this) I’m out of my slump. I managed three books this week and have rediscovered my love of audiobooks. I used to listen all the time before I had little man. While he was at school and I was crocheting (my other love), I listened to an entire book this week. Yay for multitasking!
So last week I said I was starting The Winner’s Trilogy and then I remembered I had some ARCs to read first so NOW I’ve started it. Hopefully will finish the entire series this week. Liking it so far 😀
Last Week on the Blog
- Waiting on Wednesday #65 – Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Spearwood Book 2 by A.S. Oren ★★★½
- Defy by Sara B. Larson ★★★★
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare ★★★★
- A Mortal Song by Megan Crewe ★★★★
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt ★★★★★
- Broken Prince by Erin Watt ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #89 – Kindergarten
Coming Up this Week
- Saven: Defiance by Siobhan Davis – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling – review
- The Chosen Knights by Mary Ting – blog tour, review
- Weekend Reads | The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
This week is filled with birthdays 😀 Yesterday was my mother’s-in-law, my sister’s-in-law is later this week, my mom’s is Friday and my nephew’s first birthday party is next Saturday. So full week!!
My husband was in South Carolina last week and is supposed to be home later today. I’m crossing all my fingers and toes that one day this week we can have a date night and more specifically he’ll read the post to the end and see my hint about the Josh Turner concert next weekend ? There are still seats (good seats too) and I’d love to go!!! I’ll let y’all know if my backwards way of hinting worked next Sunday.
What are your plans for this week?