The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
How is another month already gone?! July went by way too fast! With our move at the end of June and spending most of our time with family, I didn’t get much reading done. In fact, last week I told y’all I was in a slump and it was true. I think I finally broke my slump though by finishing 4 books this week 😉 which brings my total books read to 10 this month. I guess that’s not too shabby considering the time I took off. I wound up not blogging any Saturdays and a few Fridays this month simply because I was so busy I forgot to post!
But alas, the move is done. I have no boxes left to unpack. My husband has started his new job and isn’t home all day. My son starts school in two weeks. I think I’ll get back into the swing of things next month!
What did you do in July?
Favorite July Read
Hands down my favorite read this month was The Royals series by Erin Watt. I binged both books this week and seriously fell in love with the characters. I was skeptical as they are not my typical read. But they broke my slump so that counts for something 😀
Sometimes great loves get to last a lifetime. Sometimes they don’t, torn apart too soon. There are no guarantees in this life. Or for what comes after. But that doesn’t matter. We already know that all great loves, no matter how “normal,” are never boring. And all great loves, even if they don’t last forever, are so, so worth it.
~from The Afterlife of Alyx & Israel by Hanna Peach
Reviews in July
- Happy Ever After in Christmas by Debbie Mason ★★★★★
- The Azure Kingdom by Michelle Dare ★★★★
- Royal Enchantment by Lia Davis ★★★
- Mechanical Hearts by Nicole Blanchard ★★★★
- Game Master by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★
- The Afterlife of Alyx & Israel by Hanna Peach ★★★★★
- In All My Dreams by Ciara Knight ★★★★
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab ★★★★
- A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection by Jolene Betty Perry, Sarah M. Eden, Raneé S. Clark, Annette Lyon, Heather B. Moore, Aubrey Mace ★★★★
- Gods of the Dead by Tracey Ward ★★★★
- Gypsy Love by Angela McPherson, Lynn Vroman ★★★
Other July Fun
- Sunday Post #84 – June ’16 in Review
- Merry Mondays #16 – Let Freedom Ring…
- Book Blitz: True Calling series by Siobhan Davis
- Top Ten Tuesday #86 – Top Ten Underrated Books on Goodreads
- Waiting on Wednesday #59 – Between Heaven and Earth by Michele Paige Holmes
- Merry Mondays #17 – Summer Reading Favorites
- Waiting on Wednesday#60 – Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
- Guest Post: What’s Your Five (Urban Fantasy)
- Sunday Post #85 – Happy Anniversary to Us!
- Merry Mondays #18 – When Sparks Fly
- Top Ten Tuesday #87 – Outside the US
- Waiting on Wednesday #61 – Frost by MP Kozlowsky
- Guest Post: What’s Your Five (Mystery/True Crime)
- Blog Tour: November Rain by Shannon Thompson
- Sunday Post #86 – It’s Official…I’m in a Reading Slump
- Merry Mondays #19 – The Must-Watch Movies of Summer
- August Reading Challenges Accepted!
- Waiting on Wednesday #62 – Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas
- Guest Post: What’s Your Five (Young Adult)
- Sunday Post #87 – July ’16 in Review
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Fall’s Can’t Wait for Reads
- O’er the River Liffey by Heidi Ashworth – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books You’d Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Blood and Sin by Laura Thalassa – review
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare – review, #2016HW
- Defy by Sara B. Larson – review, #2016HW
- The Judas Contact: Boomers by Heather Long – blog tour, review, guest post
- Weekend Reads | The Royals Series by Erin Watt
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in August?
Honestly I’m stressing about August already. My little man is starting Kindergarten and while he is ready for it, I am not. I’m dreading letting my baby go all day for five days a week. But he’s excited and I think he will do well. He loved preschool, he loved putting his backpack together this weekend after we did our back to school shopping. I just have a feeling I will be a blubbering mess.
Reading wise I’m looking forward to participating in the Can You Read a Series in a Month? challenge which starts tomorrow and the ARC August challenge. In fact, I still need some votes to tell me which series to read. Right now I have a three-way tie going. If you could help me out I’d appreciate it 😉