The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! It was another slow reading week for me. I’ve been blaming the move for the slow reading, but seeing as how all the boxes are unpacked, the stuff put away and really nothing else for me to do other than the daily cleaning/normal chores I’m used to, there’s no excuse for my slow reading. It’s official…I’m in a slump. I haven’t been in a reading slump since last year when my grandfather passed and that slump was more of an “I hate everything I read” and rated everything during that time 3-stars or less. (Sad but true). Now though it’s more of an “I can’t find anything I like enough to keep reading.” I find myself playing apps on my phone or watching a movie or ANYTHING to keep from reading. Not cool!!! I did manage to finish two and half books this week (one was a novella though) from two of my favorite authors. Any tips on breaking the slump?
I started Paper Princess by Erin Watt this morning as a group read. Most of the people in the group read the book in one sitting already so I’m hoping this will help my slump.
Last Week on the Blog
- Merry Mondays #18 – When Sparks Fly
- Top Ten Tuesday #87 – Outside the US
- Waiting on Wednesday #61 – Frost by MP Kozlowsky
- Guest Post: What’s Your Five (Mystery/True Crime)
- Blog Tour: November Rain by Shannon Thompson
- Sunday Post #86 – It’s Official…I’m in a Reading Slump
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Must-See Summer Movies
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Gypsy Love by Angela McPherson and Lynn Vroman – review
- What’s Your Five – Guest Post, young adult
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare – #2016HW, review
- Weekend Reads | O’er the River Liffey by Heidi Ashworth – review
This Week’s Book Fix
Nothing…which makes my husband a happy man 😀
What are you reading this week?
This week I have zero plans so I’m hoping to get back into a reading groove, catch up on blogging (because that has hit a slump too!) and maybe take little man to the lake one day. Temps here are hitting high 90s with a heat index above 100 so that last one may not happen. This mom enjoys her AC too much 😉
It’s also tax-free weekend next weekend in my state so school supply shopping will be a must. Little man’s school clothes came in this week and I must say I got a little weepy. He looks so big and grown-up. AND then his first tooth came out and the tooth fairy came to visit. ? He’s killing me!!! He needs to stop growing up so quickly. I just want to soak up every minute with him. So yeah school shopping…..I’ll most likely be weepy next week as well 😉
Tell me (because curious minds like mine want to know):
What did you read this week?
What do you do to get out of a reading slump?
Didn’t mention this above, but we saw the new Star Trek movie this weekend, and it was AH-MAZE-ING!!! Are there any other trekkies that saw it this weekend?,