The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone!! I missed y’all last week. I took an unexpected, but much needed break last weekend from blogging, reading, and moving! But now I’m back and happy to be here. I’m still exhausted, but at least I feel like reading and being social 😉
The move went great. We are all settled with only a few boxes of non-essentials left to unpack. Little man has adjusted great! I worried we’d have issues with him sleeping and going to a new church, missing his friends, but he has been better than us. I’m the one not sleeping 😆
Reading wise it has been a SLOW progress. I’ve been so tired when I sit down at night to read that I fall asleep after one or two chapters, if I make it that long. I think since the move, I’ve only finished 3 books ? I’m starting to have withdrawals!
It was our 10th anniversary this weekend so thanks to my parents for watching little man, we had a nice date day. The hubby took me to Red Robin (my choice) for lunch and then we saw the new Ghostbusters movie. I have to say that it was much better than I expected. It’s a dry comedy so I think it will only be funnier with each time I see it.
How was your last 2 weeks?
I’m always excited to read a new Laura Thalassa book so I was uber excited to get my hands on this new adult, paranormal fantasy cowritten with her husband. So far it is fantastic!
Last Week on the Blog
- Merry Mondays #16 – Let Freedom Ring…
- Book Blitz: True Calling series by Siobhan Davis
- Top Ten Tuesday #86 – Top Ten Underrated Books on Goodreads
- Waiting on Wednesday #59 – Between Heaven and Earth by Michele Paige Holmes
- In All My Dreams by Ciara Knight ★★★★
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab ★★★★
- Merry Mondays #17 – Summer Reading Favorites
- Waiting on Wednesday#60 – Kingdom of Ash and Briars by Hannah West
- Guest Post: What’s Your Five (Urban Fantasy)
- A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection by Jolene Betty Perry, Sarah M. Eden, Raneé S. Clark, Annette Lyon, Heather B. Moore, Aubrey Mace ★★★★
- Sunday Post #85 – Happy Anniversary to Us!
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Top 5 Swoon-worthy Moments in Books in honor of my 10th wedding anniversary
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books Set Outside The US” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Gypsy Love by Angela McPherson and Lynn Vroman – review
- What’s Your Five – Guest Post, Mystery/True Crime
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare – #2016HW, review
- Weekend Reads | Blood and Sin by Laura Thalassa and Dan Rix
Merry Mondays is Here
Merry Mondays is back and I would love to have you participate ? What is Merry Mondays? Why I’m glad you asked. It’s a weekly feature during the month of December (and July…because who doesn’t like Christmas in July?!). Each week will have a different summery, fun topic. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your post! This week’s topic is: “Top 5 Swoon-worthy Moments in Books in honor of my 10th wedding anniversary.”
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
This week (I hope) will be a chill week. My husband is starting his new job tomorrow so his time off is over 🙁 which means it’s just me and little man. I still have pictures to hang in our new place and some reorganizing in the kitchen to make it more functional. Hopefully I can do that this week. Besides that I really have no plans. I hope to read, blog and visit y’all as I’ve missed you!!! What are your plans this week?