The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Wow!!! Did June fly by or what?! The last two weeks were super busy for us, BUT we are officially moved and back in our hometown. It’s been so great! We are close to our family and little man is loving it as much as we are. I still have some unpacking to do but really it’s done 😀
My reading suffered this month due to the move. In fact over the last two weeks, I’ve literally only read 2 books! I managed to read 13 books for the month of June and reviewed only 11 books. July is looking to be just as busy. My husband has a couple of weeks off before he starts his new job and I plan to soak up the time with him. What did you read in June?
Moon Mark by Scarlett Dawn was an amazing read! I loved the first book in the series so I was really excited to see the other alien race and boy did the author deliver.
“Put down the book.” She wanted to look away, as he seemed distracted from holding the trousers in place, but she couldn’t take her eyes off the book. What if he hurt it? What if he followed through with his threat?
“No horse jokes,”he said.
“My lord, I apologize for the horse joke. If you put down the book—unharmed!—I will give you a carrot.”
~from My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
Reviews in June
- The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom ★★★★★
- The Hunt by Megan Shepherd ★★★★
- Sanctum by Cameo Renae ★★★★
- Intransigent by Cameo Renae ★★★★
- The Crown by Kiera Cass ★★★★★
- Hostile by Cameo Renae ★★★★★
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows ★★★★
- The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker ★★★★
- Four Chambers by Julie Wright ★★★★
- Moon Mark by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★★
- Dark Fae by Lillian Cartier ★★★½
Other June Fun
- Waiting on Wednesday #54- Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
- Release Blitz: Chasing Eternity by Tia Silverthorne Bach
- Pre-Order Blitz: Hidden Wings Box Set by Cameo Renae
- Sunday Post #80 – Poolside, Netflix Binge, and Prime Music
- Book Blitz: Ella’s Twisted Senior Year by Amy Sparling
- Top Ten Tuesday #82 – Ten Reasons I Love My eReader
- 2016 #COYER Summer Vacation ~ Challenge Accepted!
- Waiting on Wednesday #55 – The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey
- Sunday Post #81 – Graduation for the Last Time!
- Cover ReVamp: Carnelian by B. Kristen McMichaels
- Top Ten Tuesday #83 – Highly Anticipated Releases for the Last Half of 2016
- Waiting on Wednesday #56 – The Architect of Song by A.G. Howard
- Release Blitz: Dark Fae by Lillian Cartier
- Blog Tour: The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse
- Children’s Corner: National Zoo and Aquarium Month ★★★★★
- Cover Reveal: Saven Defiance by Siobhan Davis
- Sunday Post #82 – Moving Week
- Top Ten Tuesday #84 – My Favorite Books of 2016 (So Far)
- Waiting on Wednesday #57 – Chasing Fireflies by Taylor Dean
- Weekend Reads #74 – What’s Your Five Introduction
- Sunday Post #83 – And the Move is DONE!
- Guest Post: What’s Your Five (Paranormal Romance)
- Top Ten Tuesday #85 – Must See Gilmore Girls Episodes
- Waiting on Wednesday #58 – A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess
- 2016 Reading Challenges: 2nd Quarter Update
- Release Blitz: In All My Dreams by Ciara Knight
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Independence Day Themed
- True Calling Series by Siobhan Davis – book blitz
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Books We Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads” via the Broke and the Bookish
- In All My Dreams by Ciara Knight – review blitz
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – review
- Weekend Reads | The Great Library (Ink and Bone and Paper and Fire) by Rachel Caine
Merry Mondays Starts Tomorrow!!!
Merry Mondays is coming back starting July 4th and I would love to have you participate ? What is Merry Mondays? Why I’m glad you asked. It’s a weekly feature during the month of December (and July…because who doesn’t like Christmas in July?!). Each week will have a different summery, fun topic. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your post! The topic for the first week is: “Independence Day (USA holiday) Themed – this could be anything: favorite recipes, memories, activities, independence themed books, etc. Make it your own!”
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in July?
July is going to be just as busy as June. However I hope to get some reading and blogging in. There’s only 6 weeks left before my son starts Kindergarten and I plan to soak up as much time with him as I can! I still can’t believe my baby is starting school. SO not ready for it.