The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
What a week! After 13 years (12 where I was with him) of undergrad, medical school, and residency, my husband is done!!!!! He graduated from his Family Medicine residency on Friday and we spent the day celebrating with family who came in from out of town. I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of him. He’s worked so hard and in just over a month he’ll start reaping the rewards of that hard work. Our lives will never be the same but in a good way 😀
Reading wise I spent the week reading one book, My Lady Jane. It’s really a good book, just long and with packing and preparing for family this weekend I didn’t get much reading time in. Only 12 days until the move and I’m starting to get a bit overwhelmed with everything that still needs to be packed.
I’m loving this book! I started it as soon as I finished My Lady Jane. I loved the first book in the series and was excited to see if the sequel would live up. So far it is!
Last Week on the Blog
- Book Blitz: Ella’s Twisted Senior Year by Amy Sparling
- Top Ten Tuesday #82 – Ten Reasons I Love My eReader
- 2016 #COYER Summer Vacation ~ Challenge Accepted!
- Waiting on Wednesday #55 – The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey
- The Crown by Kiera Cass ★★★★★
- Hostile by Cameo Renae ★★★★★
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows ★★★★
- Sunday Post #81 – Graduation for the Last Time!
Coming Up this Week
- The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Children’s Corner | National Zoo and Aquarium Month
- Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh – review
- Weekend Reads | What’s Your Five Guest Post Introduction
Merry Mondays is Coming…
Merry Mondays is coming back starting July 4th and I would love to have you participate ? What is Merry Mondays? Why I’m glad you asked. It’s a weekly feature during the month of December (and July…because who doesn’t like Christmas in July?!). Each week will have a different summery, fun topic. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your post! The topic for the first week is: “Independence Day (USA holiday) Themed – this could be anything: favorite recipes, memories, activities, independence themed books, etc. Make it your own!”
Around the Blogosphere
- Lindsey @ Lindsey Reads discussed why she loves Sarah J. Maas and I whole-heartedly agree with all her points!
- The Left-Handed Book Lover listed 5 reasons she loves book blogging and she nailed it with those gifs 😉
- Kara @ Diary of a Teen Writer announced that her debut book Frayed is now available. I’ve already got my copy and I can’t wait to start!
- Sara @ A Gingerly Review reviewed And I Darken by Kiersten White and now I need to go read my copy!!!
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
This week is looking to busy. My mom is coming up for a few days to help me pack. The goal is to get everything packed so that next week when my husband is off we can enjoy a few days of vacation and I can focus on cleaning before the movers come on Friday. Eek!!! Getting so excited for this move, though my reading is suffering for it 😉
What are your plans this week?