The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! This past week was full. I’ve been working on slowly packing the apartment up. I’ve got our office packed along with all our nonessential books (you know the ones we’ve already read ?). Yesterday a friend of ours stopped by and we gave them our son’s crib and baby stuff. We’d held onto all of it in case we got pregnant while we were here. Since we didn’t, neither of us wanted to haul all that stuff yet again. SO I’m so glad we could find someone to donate it to that needs it.
Reading wise it was a slow week this week. I only managed to read two books, one of which I forced myself to finish. Hoping this is a better reading week. I’ve enjoyed seeing everyone’s pictures from BEA! It looked like so much fun. I hope to join y’all next year ?
I’m roughly half way through with Mike Mullin’s Ashen Winter and let me tell you it is just as good as the first! A little violent for my taste, but SO good! I started The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye last night. I have a feeling it will make up for my poor reading this past week.
Last Week on the Blog
- Cover Reveal: Driven Series by K. Bromberg
- Top Ten Tuesday #78 – Non-Book Blogs I Follow
- Book Blitz: The Undoer by Melissa J. Cunningham
- Waiting on Wednesday #51 – Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch
- Children’s Corner: The Jungle Book on the Big Screen
- Love is Come by Heather B. Moore ★★★★★
- Saven: Denial by Siobhan Davis ★★★★★
- The Girl from Summer Hill by Jude Deveraux ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #77 – Last Week of Preschool
Blog Ahead Mini-Challenge Complete
Today is the last day of the mini-challenge and while I didn’t get all my posts completed (32 is a lot!) I did managed to complete 28 posts and prep another 10. I am set for this summer!
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge Update
I don’t think I’ll be making my goal of 20 books this month. I should have known better than to challenge myself that many with the move coming up. I only managed to read 2 books this week:
- The Girl From Summer Hill by Jude Deveraux
- Admiral by Sean Danker
To keep up with my progress, follow my shelf on Goodreads!
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge 2016: 11/20
Coming Up this Week
- Imdalind series by Rebecca Ethington – series blast and sale alert
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim” via the Broke and the Bookish
- The Queen of All that Lives by Laura Thalassa – review
- Admiral by Sean Danker – review
- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes – DNF review
- Weekend Reads | The Hero Agenda by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs – series review
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
Little man’s last week of preschool is this week. I’m so proud (and amazed) of all he’s learned this year. At the start of the school year, he couldn’t write his name and hated to color. Now he loves arts and crafts, will sit for hours and color and can write anything you ask him to…you might have to spell it but he can do it. AND he’s starting to read a little on his own. Thursday is his little graduation ceremony for preschool. I have tissues packed and the camera charging as I write this. What are your plans this week?