The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers who are reading the blog this morning! I hope you are just as spoiled as I am today 😀 Mother’s day came a few days early thanks to my son’s preschool teachers. Little man made this for me and planted this pretty flower. He even painted the pot too. I just love it!
This past week was full. We finally know where we will be moving to next month. Our old landlord before we moved to where we are now has a unit coming available so we will be back with him. I’m looking forward to it. It’s a little smaller than where we are now, but the layout makes it feel bigger.
Reading wise it was a good week. I managed to read four books this week. Unfortunately I did DNF another one. It just wasn’t my kind of read. What did you read this week?
I started Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes last night. I’m a sucker for Wonderland retellings so I’m excited to read this one which is about the queen before she goes mad.
I also started Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin. The dystopian reading challenge group voted to read this as our May read and I’m so glad they did. We read Ashfall last month and it was amazing! I can’t wait to see how Darla and Alex fare in the sequel.
Last Week on the Blog
- Ruined by Amy Tintera ★★★★★
- Top Ten Tuesday #77 – Where Are They Now?
- Book Blitz: Corporate Ties by EL Loraine
- Waiting on Wednesday #50 – Reliquary by Sarah Fine
- Pre-Order Blitz: Dark Dreams and Dead Things by Martina McAtee
- Spearwood Book 1.5 by A.S. Oren ★★★★
- Spotlight: Daughter of the Sun by Zoe Kalo
- Book Blitz: Beyond Ice by Helene Levey Zemel
- Solstice by Jane Redd ★★★★
- Sunday Post #76 – Mother’s Day
Blog Ahead Mini-Challenge Update
I’ve done really well so far on the challenge. I’ve managed to get 17 posts scheduled for this summer. Mostly blog memes but still 17 posts is huge! My goal is to finish the memes I can for this summer, roughly another 12 posts. I also plan to prep my review posts for the books I plan to read this summer as well.
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge Update
I’m a little behind on my goal for this challenge. I originally challenged myself to 20 books, which would equate to 5 books a week. This week I read 3:
- Solstice by Jane Redd
- Love is Come by Heather B. Moore
- Relentless by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs
To keep up with my progress, follow my shelf on Goodreads!
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge 2016: 11/20
Coming Up this Week
- Children’s Corner | The Jungle Book – movie review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Websites I Love That Aren’t About Books” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Saven: Denial by Siobhan Davis – review
- Love is Come by Heather B. Moore – review
- Weekend Reads | The Girl From Summer Hill by Jill Deveraux – review
This Week’s Book Fix
Book Outlet Finds
What are you reading this week?
This week little man has water day at school. He’s really looking forward to it. It’s kind of like field day but for preschoolers. I’m hoping it will be warm enough. We had a cold snap this past week and the mountains even got snow!!! It’s warmer today but not much.
Reading wise I have a few arcs and library books that need to be read so I plan to binge those in between packing. Only 52 days left!!!