The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Today we mourn our computer. On Friday, I sat down to write posts as I usually do when my son is at preschool. I woke it up from it’s nightly slumber to find that it was frozen on the lock screen. At some point during the night it tried to update its iOS and so on reboot the computer said “something went wrong” (literally that is what it said) and had me restore from the Time Capsule. Now we have both a Time Capsule and an external hard drive. So it tells me it will take 9 hours to restore so I kick up my heels and wait. The restore completes, the computer is working, but something is still wrong. Where are all my files?!
They are gone….EVERYTHING is GONE! 12+ years of pictures, 10+ years of tax info, bank statements, loan info, my iTunes (music, books, movies, etc), all my husband’s school work/research, my BOOKS that I WROTE, ALL GONE!
My Time Capsule made the mistake of taking my external hard drive as the internal. My computer now boots up from it. I’m so confused. I didn’t change ANY settings and now I have a semi-useless computer as I have no files for it. Some things were in the cloud (like one document and any pictures that were in the Photo Stream) and I make photo books for grandparents each Christmas so I have most of the pictures with my son from the last 5 years, but my wedding pictures, my high school pictures, college stuff….that’s all gone.
I’m hoping (all fingers and toes are crossed) that the guys my dad affectionately calls “the computer guys” at his work can find my files. It’s Spring Break (YAY!) and my parents kidnapped my son for the weekend and I’m heading to their place tomorrow. He said to bring it and maybe we can find my files. I’m hoping we can. As for our computer I’m likely to set the thing on fire after I’m done with this post!
Lately I’ve become a big fan of retellings and this one is a retelling of a classic Hans Christian Anderson set in a similar world to the Lunar Chronicles. Good so far!
Last Week on the Blog
- 2016 COYER B2B Challenge Complete
- Meet the Author: CC Standish
- Top Ten Tuesday #70 – And You Like Them Why?!
- Cover Reveal: Gypsy Love by Angela McPherson and Lynn Vroman
- Waiting on Wednesday #42 – My Lady Jane
- Grand Finale Blitz: Courting Cassandry by Joyce DiPastena
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer ★★★★
- Grand Finale Blitz: Love by Association by Tara Taylor Quinn and Wild Horses by Claire McEwen
- Water & Storm Country by David Estes ★★★★
- Sunday Post #68 – The Day the Computer Died
- Pimpernel by Sheralyn Pratt ★★★★★
Coming Up this Week
- If We Were a Movie by Kelly Oram – blog tour, review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books On My Spring TBR” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Edge Paranormal Box Set – blog tour, spotlight
- Turning a Negative into a Positive – guest post
- Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass – review
- Weekend Reads | Trouble in Mind by Donna Frelick
This Week’s Book Fix
Thank you HarperTEEN and author Jen Minkman for providing this week’s ARCs!
Purchased & Freebies
Book Outlet Finds
What are you reading this week?
This week is Spring Break and after the death of our computer I need it! I’m looking forward to a relaxing week. As I already mentioned my parents kidnapped my son yesterday and the hubby and I had the weekend to ourselves! I’m not sure what to do! It’s been over 5 years since we’ve had more than one night without a child. I honestly feel like I’m missing a limb or something.
Tomorrow I’ll head down and spend sometime back home. I plan to start looking at places to rent/buy for when we move in June and on Tuesday little man and I have an appointment at one of the local schools for Kindergarten. I’m excited and sad at the same time!
The #TakeControlTBR challenge is still going strong. So far I’ve read 5 books for the challenge so I’m on target to meet my 20 book goal. What are you doing this week? Is anyone else on break?