The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! I am SO glad this week is over. Little man has had a rough week. He used to love school but now not so much. You see his teacher quit at Christmas and the assistants who are only there two days each are his primary teachers. So basically he has a different teacher every other day. My son is a creature of habit and when his routine is broken he just doesn’t understand and so he acts out. Well, we’ve had notes home a couple times this week “Liam had trouble focusing on his work” or “Liam wouldn’t follow directions” and three times in the last week he’s got in the car and started crying. Not a mad cry but a “my feelings are hurt” cry. It’s heartbreaking!
Now I’m not excusing his behavior. He needs to learn to adapt, but I want to know what else may be going on. One day all he could tell me was that he couldn’t finish his puzzle and that was why he was in trouble. So a little background is needed to understand this. He’s slightly OCD (not diagnosed, but does have tendencies to the point that his doctor put us through autism screening) and when he is working on something it has to be finished before he can move on to something else. We’ve been working with him at home so I hope this will get better in the future. Does anyone have any tips for me?
Other than that it’s been a great week. I’ve been binge reading and just finished my 6th book of the week last night 😀 So yeah it’s been good! What have you read this week?
I started this ARC last night and so far it is really good. It’s my first time reading Wendy Higgins. I think I need to go back and read her other series now! Love high fantasy with a touch of romance, plus this one was some action too.
Last Week on the Blog
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard ★★★★★
- Meet the Author: Donna Frelick
- Kiss Me in Christmas by Debbie Mason
- Waiting on Wednesday #40 – The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
- Take Control of Your TBR Pile – March Challenge Accepted!
- Dawn of Ash by Rebecca Ethington ★★★★★
- In All My Wishes by Ciara Knight ★★★★
- Thirty Things To Do in My Thirties
- Sunday Post #66 – Trouble at School
Coming Up this Week
- ARV-3 by Cameo Renae – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books To Read If You Are In The Mood For X” via the Broke and the Bookish
- If We Were a Movie by Kelly Oram – book blitz
- Strain of Resistance by Michelle Bryan – review
- Inner Demons by Amanda Strong – blog tour, excerpt and spotlight
- Spring in Snow Valley – blog tour and review
- Meet the Characters | Bloody Vik Brandee, Grimm Reaper, and Belladonna from Waves of Darkness by Tamara A. Lowery
- Weekend Reads | The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
I’m hoping for a better week for little man this week. I can bear him coming home crying any more! It’s pitiful! Other than that we have no special plans this week.
Reading wise I have a few ARCs to catch up on and then the TBR challenge starts on Tuesday! I have a whole slew of books to chose from and I cannot wait to get started. Speaking of challenges, #COYER ends on Friday. It’s such a fun challenge and really I’ve done well. I’ll update next week.
What are your plans this week? Anything special?