The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all had a blessed holiday with family and friends. I know we did 😀 We spent the week at my parents’ house and celebrated Christmas 4 times! It’s been quite an eventful week.
Little man got really spoiled too by us and grandparents. I tend to go a little overboard, mainly because I shop early and catch all the sales 😉 At least that’s what I tell my husband! We have more Star Wars and Lego things than I can count, plus Nana got him the giant Imaginext Batcave. This thing is loaded with tons of cool accessories. I don’t think he will be hurting for toys anytime soon.
For us, we didn’t exchange gifts this year. Instead we did dates and the new Star Wars movie was IT!!! All I can say it was great, I love the new cast, and I HATED the ending 😀 Now I’m excited for the next one!
How was your holiday week?
I’ll be honest….I’ve started this one, but I’m having a hard time focusing on it. I’m a bit overloaded on Chick-lit at the moment. I read so many holiday reads this month 😛 But it is good, so I’m sticking with it.
Last Week on the Blog
- Merry Mondays #14 – There’ll Be Parties For Hosting
- Top Ten Tuesday #61 – Dear Santa
- Stacey Rourke’s Christmas Surprise…
- Spotlight: For the Heart of Dragons by Julie Wetzel
- Spotlight: Reduced to Dust by Gabrielle Arrowsmith
- Waiting on Wednesday #31 – Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
- Sunday Post #57 – Christmas Overload
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | It’s the end of the year! How did you do with this year’s resolutions?
- A Christmas Bargain by Shanna Hatfield – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016” via the Broke and the Bookish
- 2016 Reading Challenge Sign-Ups (Blogger Shaming, Homework)
- The Lady and the Mountain Man by Misty M. Bellar – review
- With Every Breath by Lia Riley – find out the author’s top 5 kisses during my blog tour stop
- 2016 End of Year Book Survey
- The Bronte Plot by Katherine Reay – review
- Weekend Reads | Saturday Shorts Edition – novellas from Hanna Peach, Echo Shea, and Petra March
Merry Mondays is HERE!
This is the last week of Merry Mondays!!! It’s a weekly meme hosted by moi during the month of December (and sometimes July ?) to celebrate Christmas and the holiday season. Each week a different topic centered around the holidays will be discussed. I hope you will join me this year and link up your holiday themed posts! This week’s topic is: “It’s the end of the year! How did you do with this year’s resolutions?” To see a full list of this year’s topics, click here!
Winter COYER started last week ? I hope you will join me in the challenge. All you need is a place to state you’re signing up and link to your reviews! This is a great way to clean out all those one-click freebies on your e-reader….I hate to admit that I’m now up to *cough* 200 *cough* on my Kindle so COYER is very much needed for this book blogger ?
This week I managed to read 2 books and start a third. I read:
- The Christmas Bargain by Shanna Hatfield
- With Every Breath by Lia Riley
To keep up with my progress, follow my Goodreads shelf below
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
This week is all about slowing down and getting back to routine after the holidays. Little man is exhausted and so are we! As you read this, we are traveling back home. This week was a lot of fun. We spent a couple of days driving around, looking at houses. I know it’s a little early to do that since we won’t be moving until June, but it was still fun. I’m even more excited to be moving back now!
This week I plan on doing a few minor renovations to the blog so be prepared if it is down for a little while 😉 What are you doing this week?