The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! What a beautiful week it has been. We had our last taste of warm weather. Temps hit above 70 and a couple of days we were near 80! We really enjoyed that last bit of warmth 😀 Time change however is killing us! Little man is not adjusting well. I don’t know if being at my parents’ last week just completely wore him out or if he’s trying to get sick. He has been pitiful this week. One day he’s up playing and his hyper little self, the next he’s cuddled with me on the couch saying he hurts. Maybe growth spurt? That’s what I’m hoping.
In addition to that, his bedtime went from between 8-9 at night to 7! Now this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I’m quite enjoying the couple of hours of peace before bedtime. However I’m NOT enjoying the 6am wake up call! Granted I’m usually up by 6:30 anyways, but that extra thirty minutes is really nice 😉
Reading wise, I think I kicked the slump. I read 5 books this week! Three in 2 days and yes that means I just skipped sleep. And YES they were worth it. I finally got to read The Heir by Kiera Cass and I’ll be honest I really wish I would’ve waited until The Crown comes out in May. That cliffhanger!!!! I need it now!
What did you read this week?
I started Hope’s Deceit yesterday and let me tell you a secret. It was all I could do to NOT drop everything I was doing and read it when I got it. I LOVED the first book and it’s been nearly a year and a half since I read it. Definitely worth the wait 😀
Last Week on the Blog
- Book Blast: My Book Cave
- Esther by Rebecca Kanner ★★★★★
- Top Ten Tuesday #54 – Debuts & Sophomores
- Waiting on Wednesday #25 – Untamed by A.G. Howard
- Cover Reveal: Dora’s Jinx by Boom Baumgartner
- Blood Tree: Silver Edition by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★
- Sunday Post #50 – Indian Summer and Time Change
- New Covers for The Last Orphans Series by N.W. Harris
Coming Up this Week
- Meet the Author: Laurencia Hoffman – interview
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I’m Looking Forward To or Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch” via the Broke and the Bookish
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom – review
- Empty Arms – discussion
- Hope’s Deceit by Angela McPherson – release blitz and review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “What are the funniest books you’ve ever read?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | The Damned by Laura Thalassa – review
This Week’s Book Fix
Married for Christmas by Noelle Adams (Kindle Freebie)
What are you reading this week?
My husband is off doing interviews this weekend and won’t be back til sometime tomorrow. We’re nearing the end of his residency and he’s looking at jobs closer to family. Little man and I decided to stay home so he didn’t miss school. We both are missing him!
This week I’ll be cleaning and doing a few things around the apartment. I plan to sneak my Christmas tree up while the hubby is away 😀 He should be proud of me though. The last few years we haven’t put it up til after Thanksgiving, this year I wanted it up two months ago!!!
Reading wise, I have a few blog tour books to read and a library book. I think I can get them done though. What are your plans this week?