The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Thank God September is over! This was not an easy month for me or my family. With my grandfather’s sudden passing, not only did the days seem to last forever but we were all sad. And do you know how hard it is to NOT be sad in front of your four old?! It’s hard, trust me and bless him because he knew something was wrong.
How do you explain to a four year old that their great-grandparent has died? Let me tell you, it wasn’t easy. We are a Christian family so we believe in heaven and Jesus and try to raise our son with the same values. He humbled me after I explained to him why mommy was sad. He looked at me very serious and said “Don’t be sad Mommy. Jesus will love him.” This of course made me cry harder but for an entirely different reason.
Reading wise I read a whopping 7 books. I just couldn’t concentrate long enough on one book to really get into the characters and plot. And of course that means I also didn’t blog much. I’m looking forward to getting back into a groove this month.
Favorite September Read
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas was easily my favorite read last month. I devoured the book in less than 48 hours. The prequel novellas had been my favorite from this series until this one. Those of you that wondered where Adarlan’s Assassin was in the previous books…yeah she’s been found. She’s awesome! And Rowan *happy sigh* that’s all I have to say about him 😀
Favorite September Quote
He could not remember if the thing was a prince, or if he himself had once been a prince. Not likely. A prince would not have allowed that woman’s head to be cut off. A prince would have stopped the blade. A prince would have saved her. Yet he had not saved her, and he knew there was no one coming to save him. ~ From Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
Reviews in September
- Destiny Rising by Siobhan Davis ★★★★
- A Whole New World by Liz Braswell ★★★
- The Cage by Megan Shepherd ★★★★
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore ★★★★★
- Consequences: Opal & Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout ★★★★★
- Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout ★★★★★
- Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout ★★★★★
- Girl Wife Prisoner by Hanna Peach ★★★★
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Fractured Suns by Theresa Kay ★★★★★
- Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout ★★★★★
- Fated by Sarah Fine ★★★★★
- Fire by Kristin Cashore ★★★½
Other September Fun
- Top Ten Tuesday #47 – Not Gonna Be Friends
- FF #24 – Movie to Book?
- 2015 COYER Summer Scavenger Hunt Completed!
- Waiting on Wednesday #21 – Winter by Marissa Meyer
- FF #25 – Diamonds in the Rough
- Sunday Post #42 – Football Time in TN
- Sunday Post #43 – Remembering My Papaw
- Meet the Author: Gerrard Cowan
- Top Ten Tuesday #48 – Fall 2015 TBR List
- FF #26 – Dream Job
- Sunday Post #44 – Welcome Fall!
- Top Ten Tuesday #49 – Throne of Glass Fans!
- Blog Ahead – October 2015 Challenge Accepted!
Coming Up this Week
- An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Children’s Corner | God Gave Us Sleep by Lisa Tawn Bergren – review
- The Thirteenth World by A.N. Willis – review
- A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston – review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “If you could have any super power, what would it be?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch – review
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in October?
Halloween is later this month and little man loves to go trick or treating, even though my weird child won’t eat the candy. This year he wants to be a ninja which surprised me. He’s currently on a Star Wars kick and every game we play revolves around Jedis and Vader. In fact every bad guy is Darth then his name (i.e. the Shredder is Darth Shredder). I honestly thought he would want to be Darth Vader. But nope he wants to be a ninja, so a ninja costume we’ve ordered 😀
There are a ton of good books coming out this fall and I have a stack waiting to be read. I can’t wait to share them will all of you. Also this month I’m participating in the Blog Ahead challenge hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Herding Cats & Burning Soup. So far I haven’t done that well. The goal is to blog ahead 31 posts (one for each day in October)…yeah I’ve done one. BUT I do have a plan written out for each post, so hopefully I can catch up this week and maybe even get ahead.
What are your October plans? Any good books on your TBR list? Comment below to share 😀
[jetpack_subscription_form title=”Don’t Miss a Single Post!” subscribe_text=”Never miss another post again! Enter your email address below to receive new posts right to your inbox daily.” subscribe_button=”Subscribe” show_subscribers_total=”0″]