The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Welcome Fall! It’s a beautiful 70 degrees here this weekend and I’m loving every minute of it. I’ve broke out my boots, scarves, hot chocolate, and light blankets. I’m fall ready 😀
This past week has been all about getting back into routine after losing my Papaw. Little man went back to school, I started blogging again and I was able to get out of my reading slump. In addition to all that, my weekly women’s bible study started back up and it was such a blessing to meet with women of all ages and talk about God and our prayer needs.
Reading wise, it’s been a slow week. If I’m completely honest with you, it’s because I can’t sit still for very long. My brain starts thinking, and I start missing my Papaw, so I’ve got a LOT of cleaning done this week. I’m sure my hubby is happy about that.
What have you been up to this week? Read anything good?
I adored The Corridor, the first book in this series. And earlier this week, the publisher sent me an advanced copy of the sequel which comes out this Tuesday. So far it is living up to its predecessor and does not suffer second-book syndrome. If you enjoy sci-fi, check it out!
Last Week on the Blog
- Meet the Author: Gerrard Cowan
- Top Ten Tuesday #48 – Fall 2015 TBR List
- Girl Wife Prisoner by Hanna Peach ★★★★
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- FF #26 – Dream Job
- Fractured Suns by Theresa Kay ★★★★★
- Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #44 – Welcome Fall!
Coming Up this Week
- Fated by Sarah Fine – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books To Read If You Like This Super Popular Book/Author” via the Broke and the Bookish
- A Fistful of Evil by Rebecca Chastain – review & spotlight
- Children’s Corner | God Gave Us Sleep (review) and Learning to Write
- Fire by Kristen Cashore – review
- Blood Tree – Part Two by Scarlett Dawn – review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “Pick three book characters… Kiss? Marry? Kill?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | Falling for Books – discussion
This Week’s Book Fix
I received a couple of others, but their release date is so far out they don’t have covers yet 😀
- Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr (eARC via HarperCollins)
- Forever and Forever: The Courtship of Henry Longfellow and Fanny Appleton by Josi S. Kilpack (eARC via Shadow Mountain)
- One Night In Series Boxset by Ashley C. Harris (eARC via Barclay Publicity)
What are you reading this week?
This week marks the end of the first quarter for little man at preschool. We have a parent/teacher conference at the end of the week and then he’ll be on fall break the next. I can’t believe how much this kid has learned so far this year! It blows my mind 😀
Reading wise I have a lot of new releases to read for October and I’m so looking forward to sharing them with you. This week I plan to read a couple of review books mixed with one or two library books that are due back. Also I plan to join the Caffeinated Reader’s Blogging Ahead challenge that starts on the 1st. Can’t wait 😀
What are you doing this week?