Merry Monday 😀 Today’s topic is another fun one: Favorite Summer Recipe Suggested by Lola @ Lola’s Reviews (thank you Lola!!). I thought I’d share one of our favorite summer meals and it’s so simple to make!
The first is Rachel Ray’s Cheeseburger Stromboli. I have scoured the internet in search for the actual recipe and haven’t been able to find it. But it’s really quite simple. I came across the recipe about 6 or 7 years ago while watching her talk show and wrote the recipe down on a piece of paper during the show. It’s one of my hubby’s favorites! You can serve it with a simple side salad, homemade fries, or potato salad…which leads me to the second recipe: Baked Potato Salad. I discovered this recipe on Allrecipes(dot)com about the same time as the stromboli. I don’t always make these two together but they do compliment each other. Again I couldn’t find the original recipe so if by some chance (I know that like one in a gazillion) these are your recipes, let me know and I’ll link them to you!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or Pillsbury)
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 lb Ground Beef (browned and drained)
- 2 cups Cheese
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 375, grease a deep casserole pan (large enough for Stromboli)
- Roll pizza dough out thin. Combine mustard and ketchup, spread over dough leaving a 1in border.
- Layer ground beef and cheese evenly. Optional: Add favorite hamburger toppings (onions, tomatoes, pickles, etc) Mix together and layer between ground beef and cheese.
- Carefully roll dough, taking care to tuck in ends. For a crunchy brown crust, lightly brush the dough with egg wash. Optional: Add sesame seeds to top.
- Cook in oven 25-40min or until dough is cooked through and golden.
When I make this meal, I will usually add a layer of our favorite toppings between the cheese and meat, just for variation. Also this meal is very versatile! I’ve made a taco version, adding taco seasonings to the beef and salsa in place of ketchup/mustard mixture.
Baked Potato Salad
- 5 large potatoes
- 8oz Sour Cream
- 1/2c Butter (softened or melted)
- 1 c. Shredded Cheese
- 1 small bag cubed Cheese
- Crumbled Bacon
- 1 green onion or fresh chives
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350, grease a 13×9 casserole dish
- Quarter potatoes and boil in lightly salted water until fork tender (about 20 minutes).
- Drain potatoes, mix with cubed cheese, sour cream, and butter, pour into casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Place in oven for 20-30min or until warmed through and bubbling cheese.
This is always a hit for cookouts as it’s just a different version of your typical potato salad. You could always add more ingredients too! When I make it just for us, I will usually add more green onions and mix with the potatoes and sour cream in addition to placing on top. I omit this when I take to parties though because not everyone likes onions and if it’s on top they can just pick it off.
Hope you enjoy!!! What are your favorite summer recipes?