June is really over?! How is that possible?! Time really does fly when you’re having fun and reading 😉 This month has been jam packed and I can’t say that I’m sad to see it end. VBS was in the middle of the month and let me tell you we had a blast! Liam was exhausted but had so much fun. Every day he came home and was telling me all about what he learned, teaching me the songs, and then making me play the games that he played. I worked in the craft area and it was such a blessing seeing all the little kids every morning, making crafts and telling me what they were learning. It was awesome!
I had some great reads this month too. If we exclude the week I was in VBS, I did quite a bit of reading this month. I read 15 books this month, a couple of those were all series books (like Penryn & the End of Days and Lizzie & Diesel). And I had some really fantastic reads this month too! All 4 or 5 stars, but on the downside I did have 2 DNFs this month. I’m not sure what it was. I plan to go back and read them at some point.
Favorite June Read
Hands down the best book I read this month!!! SJM is a very talented writer and I honestly cannot wait for more from this series 😀
Favorite June Quote
I’m proud to be human. We’re ever so flawed. We’re frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I’m proud to be a Daughter of Man. ~ From Angelfall by Susan Ee
Reviews in June
- Summer in Snow Valley by Cami Checketts, Cindy Roland Anderson, Jeannette Lewis, Kimberley Montpetit, Lucy McConnell, Taylor Hart ★★★★
- Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe ★★★
- The Clouded Sky by Megan Crewe ★★★★★
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge ★★★★★
- The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker ★★★★
- Gildemer: The Gift by A.S. Oren ★★★★
- Black Venom by Tamara A. Lowery ★★★
- Spelled by Betsy Schow ★★★½
- Spearwood Academy Vol. 8 by A.S. Oren ★★★★
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi ★★★
- Shock Me - Special Edition by Ashley C. Harris ★★★★★
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Gildemer: The Dress by A.S. Oren ★★★★
- Angeldust by Hanna Peach ★★★★★
- Soar by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★★
Other June Fun
- Top Ten Tuesday #35 – On the Big Screen
- FF #14 – Let’s Go to the Movies
- Sunday Post #31 – On My Own
- Top Ten Tuesday #36 – What’s Next in 2015
- Waiting on Wednesday #16 – Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
- FF # 15 – If I Could Be Anyone….
- Sunday Post #32 – Rain, Rain, Go Away….
- Top Ten Tuesday #37 – 2015 Summer TBR List
- Waiting on Wednesday #17 – Court of Fives by Kate Elliott
- FF #16 – Body Ink
- Top Ten Tuesday #38 – My Fave Topics for TTT
- FF #17 – Required Reading
- Sunday Post #33 – Relaxing and Sunbathing
- Top Ten Tuesday #39 – Top Books of 2015…So Far
Coming up in July
I have a lot of fun stuff coming up in July 😀 Blog tours for author Lia Riley, an interview with debut author Joe Duck, and of course lots and lots of reviews! Here’s a few of the books you can be looking forward to:
Christmas in July
That’s right peeps! I’m bringing back my holiday meme for some summer fun. Tune in every Monday for some fun holiday themed posts. And if you’re a blogger and want to join in on the fun, please do! There will be a linky at the bottom of every post, which will go live at midnight EST every Monday 😀 Here’s the topic for the first Monday: It’s been 6 months. Time to check in! How are you doing with your New Year’s Resolutions?
What are you looking forward to in July?
I plan to make July awesome as it will be our last days of Summer. School starts back the first of August here (does anyone else’s school system start ridiculously early or is it just Tennessee?) and Liam is starting preschool!!!
I’m not sure I’m ready for my baby to start school, even if it is just preschool! So I plan to make the most out of the month before he starts. Lots of pool time, play dates, and at least one trip home to see family for a few days.
What are your plans for July? Any good books?