The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
What a week!!! First the “rebel” flag is banned, now a NY film critic is trying to ban my Gone With the Wind, and the US Supreme Court has legalized gay marriage in all 50 states….it’s not a good week to be a white, Southern Christian gal 😉 In all seriousness though, this week has actually been fairly relaxing for us. We’ve lazed around the pool at the apartment and really done nothing! It’s been nice.
I’ve got a lot of reading done and I’m doing really good with my COYER scavenger hunt goals. I’m up 5 books so far, reviews coming for them next week! I’ve been reading Janet Evanovich’s Lizzy & Diesel series which I’m loving! I didn’t think I would as I DNFed the first one a while back but honestly they are good 😀 What have you been reading this week?
I attempted to read this series when book one first came out almost 5 years ago, and I DNFed it. Two weeks ago I received this one for review so I thought I’d give the series another go. So far I’m loving it! Lizzy and Diesel crack me!
Last Week on the Blog
- On Monday, I discussed why I say no to Lauren Gibaldi’s The Night We Said Yes.
- On Tuesday, I listed my top five favorite Top Ten Tuesday topics.
- On Wednesday, I previewed Ashley C. Harris’s special edition of Shock Me.
- On Thursday, I flailed over Heir of Fire, book three of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.
- On Friday, I revealed my favorite required reading books and reviewed A.S. Oren’s Gildemer: The Dress.
- For your Weekend Read, I previewed the stunning conclusion to Hanna Peach’s series Dark Angel, Angeldust.
Coming Up this Week
- Soar by Scarlett Dawn – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2015” via the Broke and Bookish
- June ’15 in Review – monthly rewind
- The Corridor by A.N. Willis – review
- Sideswiped by Lia Riley – book blitz and review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “What is the first book you remember reading?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Through Glass Episode 7 by Rebecca Ethington – review
- Weekend Reads | Lizzy & Diesel by Janet Evanovich – series review
Christmas in July
With the year a little more than halfway over, I couldn’t resist bringing a little holiday cheer to the summer. Merry Mondays is coming back starting July 6th and I would love to have you participate 😀 What is Merry Mondays? Why I’m glad you asked. It’s a weekly feature that I started last December and I thought would be fun for July as well. Each week will have a different theme all centered around Christmas and the holiday season. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your post!
This Week’s Book Fix
I was a good girl this week and kept it to only 5 books 😉 Covers link to Goodreads!
- Creatura by Nely Cab
- A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter
- The Legacy by Melissa Delport
- Another Day by David Leviathan
- Leopold by Dr. Ruth Westheimer
Thank you to Random House Children’s and Turner Publishing House for providing review copies this week!
What are you reading this week?
This week ends with Independence Day in America, so of course we will be watching some fireworks, grilling out, and remembering all this country has done in its 200+ years (at least with Liam we will be). Other than that I have no concrete plans for the week. Liam will be starting preschool in four short weeks….I am SO NOT READY for that….so I have planned some summer fun for the two of us while Daddy’s working. Lots of pool time, reading together, and some mommy dates and play dates. What are your plans for the week?