The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday! What a wonderfully wet week we’ve had in East TN. I believe it’s rained every single day which has made for a very stir-crazy little man and some fun playing in the rain as well 😉
Last weekend was a dream come true for me. I finally got to see Garth Brooks live in concert 😀 It was well worth the wait and the little girl that still lives deep inside me came out as I belted out all the songs and danced and clapped and just in general had a wonderful time. My mom went with me as my hubby had to work. Liam got a guys night with his daddy and mine and then the next day was asking his Nana to take him with her when they went home. It was a first for us and we let him go. I felt like I was missing a limb though! He was gone for half the week and he had a blast and I missed him like crazy! BUT I got a ton of housework done and some blogging duties as well 😉
On the reading front I didn’t read much this week. I got stuck on a book at the beginning of the week that I just didn’t care for. I do not DNF often, but after 6 days of reading the same chapter because I was literally falling asleep during it, I had to put it down. Does that ever happen to you? When do you say enough is enough?
I’m doing a reread of Susan Ee’s Penryn and the End of Days series. I’ve read them before and LOVED them! But it’s been about a year and a half so I thought a reread was in order prior to reading the last book. Plus I’m delaying the ending as long as possible 😉
Last Week on the Blog
- Summer in Snow Valley by Cami Checketts, Cindy Roland Anderson, Jeannette Lewis, Kimberley Montpetit, Lucy McConnell, Taylor Hart ★★★★
- Top Ten Tuesday #35 – On the Big Screen
- Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe ★★★
- The Clouded Sky by Megan Crewe ★★★★★
- FF #14 – Let’s Go to the Movies
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #31 – On My Own
Coming Up this Week
- The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015” via the Broke and Bookish
- Waiting on Wednesday | Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
- Gildemer: The Gift by A.S. Oren – review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “If you can step into one characters shoes (in a book) and be them for a day who would it be and why? Also if you want to be creative, what scene?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | Black Venom by Tamara A. Lowery – review
This Week’s Book Fix
I went a bit crazy with the freebies this week and then the library books rolled in as well 😉 Covers link to Goodreads!
- Juliette and the Monday ManDates by Becky Doughty
- The Pepper in the Gumbo by Mary Jane Hathaway
- Finding My Prince Charming by J.S. Cooper
- Pink Flamingoed by Steve Demaree
- A Dark Lure by Loreth Anne White
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- End of Days by Susan Ee
- Gods of the Dead by Tracey Ward
- Rush by Eve Silver
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- The Codex by Joe Duck
- Spearwood Academy Vol. 8 by A.S. Oren
Thank you to the authors for providing review copies this week!
What are you reading this week?
This week is like the calm before the storm. VBS is next week and so this week we are taking it easy. It’s supposed to be drier (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood) so I plan to spend a lot of time outdoors with little man and maybe get a little pool time in as well. What are your plans?