My goodness May went by way too fast!!! I can’t believe it’s already over! But yay for Summer 😀 This month was jam packed and full of fun for me. I participated in the May ARC Clean Sweep challenge and kicked some ARC butt! And this past Friday was GARTH BROOKS!!! I had a blast with my mom and it was just….I don’t know I’m at a loss for words….fantastic, amazing, a once in a lifetime experience….yeah that works 😉 What did you do this month?
Oh my goodness! It’s so hard to choose this month. I read over twenty books and only one 2 star read in the bunch! How about two?
Crown of Midnight was perfect in my opinion, especially for a sequel! I usually never like books in a series as well as the first, but this one I liked even better than Throne of Glass. I didn’t think it was possible, but it is!!!
Cruel Beauty is dark, twisted, and if I was going to read a retelling of Beauty and the Beast this would be it! It was amazing 😀 Go read it if you don’t believe me!
This is the human way, she thought. On the edge of destruction, at the end of all things, we still dance. And hope. ~From Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
Reviews in May
- Fury by Steven James ★★★★
- Spearwood Academy Volume 6 by A.S. Oren ★★★½
- Burnt Devotion by Rebecca Ethington ★★★★★
- Carry Me Home by Lia Riley ★★★½
- Killing Time by Ingrid Nickelsen ★★★★★
- Rise by Scarlett Dawn ★★★½
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard ★★★★★
- Upside Down by Lia Riley ★★★★
- Chosen Thief by Scarlett Dawn ★★★
- The Forsaken by Laura Thalassa ★★★★★
- Sugar on Top by Marina Adair ★★★★
- Spearwood Academy Volume 7 by A.S. Oren ★★★★★
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Cress by Marissa Meyer ★★★
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer ★★★★★
- Gildemer: The Garden by A.S. Oren ★★★★
- Mine to Spell by Janeal Falor ★★★★
- Mine to Tarnish by Janeal Falor ★★★★
Other May Fun
- FF #10 – Curing the Dreaded Book Hangover
- Sunday Post #26 – When It Rains, It Pours
- Top Ten Tuesday #31 – Books I’ll Never Get To
- Blog Tour Stop: Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis
- FF #11 – Choosing My Next Read
- Sunday Post #27 – Sunny Skies and Reading
- Top Ten Tuesday #32 – Authors To Meet
- Waiting on Wednesday #15 – Spelled by Betsy Schow
- Sunday Post #28 – Technical Difficulties
- Top Ten Tuesday #33 – Things that Make Me Question My Age
- FF #12 – Writing Reviews
- Sunday Post #29 – Memorial Edition
- Top Ten Tuesday #34 – My Beach Reads 2015
- Summer COYER Scavenger Hunt – Challenge Accepted
- FF # 13 – TBR Confessions
- Sunday Post #30 – May ’15 in Review
Reading Challenge Update
I did it!!! I met my goal of 20 books and cut my ARC pile down in half 😀 The fact that I doubled my reading average this month astounds me. I was reading close to 5 books a week….won’t be doing that very often 😉 You might notice in the sidebar that my challenge meter says I’ve only read 8 books, BUT that’s because it measures the reviews written. Let’s just say that I’m scheduled up through June.
I’m sorely behind on this challenge. I’ve only read book one. However now that the ARC challenge is complete and I’m mostly caught up on those, I plan to spend the next month binge reading Outlander to catch up!
Coming up in June
June is another full month but I’m excited about it. Here’s a few of the books I’ll be reviewing:
In addition to a lot of great books, I’ve joined the COYER Summer Scavenger Hunt. It starts June 20th and runs through September 4th. Click below to join me 😀
What are you looking forward to in June?
June is another jam packed month, but it promises to be fun. We have VBS at our church in the middle of the month. I’m going to be helping with preschool crafts which is always fun 😀 Also we are one month closer to my new nephew and niece/nephew arriving!!! I’m so excited to be an aunt again 😀 What are you doing in June?