The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
What a very long week this has been! It started with some good and ended with some bad. How about I start with the good 😉 For years I’ve wanted to attend a Garth Brooks concert and as of Friday I officially have tickets to see him in Knoxville (Cue the incoherent fangirl screaming). I cannot wait! The concert isn’t until Memorial Day weekend but I’m already planning my outfit and dinner before, plus I’m going with my sweet mama who introduced me to my love of all things Garth, so the night couldn’t get more perfect 😀
Now for the bad…my uncle has been sick for a while now and late on Friday he passed away leaving behind my cousins and aunt, plus a whole slew of brothers, sisters and nieces and nephews who will miss him terribly. My heart is broken, but also thankful because he is no longer suffering. And while we will miss him here, we will see him again one day.
On the reading front, I’ve been a bit on a slump this week, but that’s also coming off a weekend binge read 😉 What have you been up to this week?
I got this from the library this week and plan to start it today as I just finished Steven James’s Fury which was very good! I’m a little hesitant to start it because I’m just not sure how Meyer can top my love of Scarlet and Wolf 😀
Last Week on the Blog
- May’s Clean-Sweep ARC Challenge Accepted!
- The Decaying Empire by Laura Thalassa ★★★★½
- Top Ten Tuesday #29 – Authors I Live For
- Waiting on Wednesday #13 – End of Days by Susan Ee
- Collide by Ashley C. Harris ★★★★½
- FF #9 – What’s in a Name
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #25 – Heartbroken
Coming Up this Week
- Release Week for Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis 😀 Each day this week leading up to release on 4/30, there will be a review from the True Calling series. Get excited!
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who _____ (are musically inclined, have lost someone, have depression, who grow up poor, etc.)” via the Broke and Bookish
- Fury by Steven James – Review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “How do you cure a book hangover/blogging slump/reading slump?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | Spearwood Academy Vol. 5 & 6 by A.S. Oren
- Monthly Rewind
This Week’s Book Fix
I dub this week review copy week….why? 7 review copies in one day that’s why 😉
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Mass
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- Upside Down and Carry Me Home by Lia Riley
- Sugar on Top by Marina Adair
- Spelled by Betsy Schow
- Light of a Thousand Stars by Siobhan Davis
- Angelfall and World After by Susan Ee