Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee @ Parajunkee’s View and Alison @ Alison Can Read. Each week the two hosts post a question for Book Bloggers to answer, provide a link-up, and choose a participant to feature on their blogs. If you participate, the point is to follow others and in return gain followers.
Welcome to this week’s edition of Feature & Follow! I’m Lillian in case you didn’t know that already 😉 I started blogging a year ago and it has been a fun and crazy year! I read pretty much anything that is placed in front of me, I’m a bit of a cover snob, and I tend to gravitate to young adult fiction. Why young adult? Well, it’s usually a cleaner read than adult fiction, there’s plenty of action/suspense, and who can resist a romance about first love?!
My blog features whatever I happen to be in the mood to read. I’ve had some fun interviews with authors and characters and hope to do more in the very near future. Please join me in some bookish adventures. You can follow via Bloglovin or anyway you choose 😀
This week’s questions is: “Have you ever read a book you thought you’d hate but loved? Or vice versa?” – Suggested by A Great Read
This is a great question!! I’ve had my fair share of books recently that I thought I would hate and wound up loving and vice versa.
Thought I’d hate but loved:
- Harry Potter – Yes, I know. Don’t start. But I really thought I’d hate this series and wound up loving it. In fact it’s in my top five favorites of all time 😉
- Angelfall by Susan Ee – I’m not big on angel mythology books because it’s just not my thing. But Penryn and Raffe I love them! Can’t get enough. Oh and book three comes out in a little over a month :::squeal:::
- Lord of the Rings – I HATED the movies, mainly because it just ended and I didn’t know it was a trilogy. A friend talked me into reading the series when I got in college and I begrudging did (Note: I felt obligated as said friend bought me a copy of the trilogy 😉 ) I LOVED it! And I now enjoy the movies as well.
- The Iliad – There is just something that intrigues me about the epic poems and this one especially. It was a required read in college and I fell in love. We didn’t have to read the entire poem but I was so engrossed in the story that I did.
Thought I’d love but hated:
- Game of Thrones – I only made it about halfway through the first book and it was torture! I gave up. My husband has read all of them and harps on me that I need to as well. One day honey I will…just for you 😉
- Left Behind – I was really excited to read this series. So much so in fact that when I stumbled across the ENTIRE series at a used book sale I bought them ALL. I’ve yet to read past the half way point in the first book 🙁
- Wuthering Heights – I’ll admit I have a thing for classic literature and I expected to enjoy this book when it was assigned in college. I HATED it with every fiber of my being! Is there really two more detestable characters in all of literature than Heathcliff and Catherine?!
What books have you been wrong about?
…or follow any way you chose 😀
Remember this is a blog hop. Be sure to visit the other blogs and give them some love too!