April has been an interesting month for me personally. Since the miscarriage at the end of March, I’ve had some good days and some not-so-good days. Most days I’m able to stay positive and look forward to the future, but other days I struggle with feeling bitter and angry that we lost our little baby before we got the chance to know her. Luckily for me I have a fantastic husband and a handsome little boy who keep me busy and remind me daily just how much they love me 💜
On the blogging front, I’m back in full swing and oh how I missed it the two weeks I was absent! I love writing reviews, participating in memes and all of you lovely folk who comment. You make it fun ☺️
I’ve read some fantastic books this month, nothing less than 3 stars, so get excited because that means lots of fun reviews next month! What have you been up to in April?
Hands down!!! This book is fantastic 😀 Despite being predictable in parts, I enjoyed it from start to finish. I couldn’t sit it down and finished it in less than 24 hours! It is a MUST READ! Full review to come later next month…
Big surprise….it’s from Red Queen 😉
Many things led to this day, for all of us. A forgotten son, a vengeful mother, a brother with a long shadow, a strange mutation. Together, they’ve written a tragedy. ~From Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Reviews in April
- A Hope Remembered by Stacy Henrie ★★★★★
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray ★★★★★
- Claimed by Sarah Fine ★★★★
- Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee ★★★★★
- The Infinite by Lori M. Lee ★★★★★
- The Decaying Empire by Laura Thalassa ★★★★½
- Collide by Ashley C. Harris ★★★★½
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis ★★★★★
- Lovestruck by Siobhan Davis ★★★★
- Light of a Thousand Stars by Siobhan Davis
Other April Fun
- March ’15 in Review
- Top Ten Tuesday #27 – Why Hello There!
- Waiting on Wednesday #12 – The Cage by Megan Shepherd
- FF #7 – Books I Thought I’d Hate
- Sunday Post #24 – Good to Be Back
- Top Ten Tuesday #28 – Favorite Quotes
- FF #8 – If I had $100,000….
- Book Blitz: True Calling by Siobhan Davis
- May’s Clean-Sweep ARC Challenge Accepted!
- Top Ten Tuesday #29 – Authors I Live For
- Waiting on Wednesday #13 – End of Days by Susan Ee
- FF #9 – What’s in a Name
- Sunday Post #25 – Heartbroken
- Top Ten Tuesday #30 – Girl Power!!!
- Waiting on Wednesday #14 – The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
- April ’15 in Review
Coming up in May
I have a lot coming up in May and I can’t wait to share it all with you…an interview with author Siobhan Davis, Blog Tour for Carry Me Home and Killing Time, and lots and lots of reviews. Here are a few of the books to look forward to:
Reading Challenge Updates
I am sorely behind on this challenge. The goal was to read one book a month….I’ve only read the first one 😬 So my goal is that in June (and I’ll explain why June in a moment) to catch up and do a little binge reading 😉 So hang in there Outlander, I WILL be reading you!
I am so looking forward to this challenge next month! I have :::cough::: 40 ARCs currently sitting on my Kindle. I need to get to reading. My goal is to read or at least attempt to read half of these books next month. Bring on the binging 😀
What are you looking forward to in May?
May will be a busy month for me and it all culminates Memorial Day weekend with my idol Garth Brooks in Knoxville 😱😄🙌 I seriously CANNOT wait!!! I’ve got an outfit picked, dinner set and a baby sitter in place. I plan to rock out that night and will most definitely be hoarse the entire weekend.