February’s already over?! What a month!! My baby turned FOUR this month and I was so not ready for it! Thankfully we were able to celebrate with friends and family. It looked like we had a lego-explosion in our apartment. It was fun and yes, I still have some decorations hanging because they make my Liam happy 😉 Besides birthday fun, we were snowed in for what felt like at least half the month with three separate winter storms that came through. The snow finally melted yesterday!
I didn’t read as much as I would have liked to this month simply because we were busy. I plan to make up for it this month though. What did you do this month?
Favorite February Read
Without a question, my favorite read this month was Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I don’t know why I kept putting it off now!!!!
The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is just back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach—an “outlander”—in a Scotland torn by war and raiding border clans in the year of Our Lord…1743.
Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into the intrigues of lairds and spies that may threaten her life, and shatter her heart. For here James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, shows her a love so absolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire—and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
If you’ve not read this book yet, go do so! I’ll be honest that it was slightly slow to start, but once Claire travels back in time the action picks up and I couldn’t sit it down!
Favorite February Quote
Leave tomorrow for the cowards. Today you must be fearless. ~from Tearing Down the Wall by Tracey Ward
Reviews in February
- The Last Orphans by N.W. Harris ★★★★
- City in Embers by Stacey Marie Brown ★★★½
- The Vanishing Girl by Laura Thalassa ★★★★
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre ★★★★★
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon ★★★★★
- Spearwood Academy Vol. 4 by A.S. Oren ★★★★★
Other February Fun
- Sunday Post #18 – Hello February!
- New Year, New Me Update #1
- Top Ten Tuesday #24 – I Still Haven’t Read…
- Waiting on Wednesday #10 – Maximus by Richard L. Black
- Feature & Follow Friday #4 – One, Two, Three, Four! Let Me See Your Books Roll!
- Sunday Post #19 – Germ Week
- Be My Valentine Read-A-Thon
- Top Ten Tuesday #25 – Isn’t it Romantic….
- Happy One Year Blogaversary!!!!
- COVER REVEAL: Beyond Reach by Siobhan Davis
- Meet the Author: Michelle Bryan
- FFF #5 – Tweet…Twitter…Oh Whatever!
- Sunday Post #20 – Love is in the Air
- Top Ten Tuesday #26 – Bookish Confessions
- Book Blitz: This is the Wonder by Tracey Ward
- Feature & Follow Friday #6 – Take Me Away…
- Weekend Reads #23 – The Rules in Rome by A.L. Sowards
- Sunday Post #21 – Happy Birthday to Me!
Reading Challenge Updates
#COYER is almost over and I’m happy to report that I have completed my challenge of 20 books 😀 I will finish up reviewing those this week!
The Outlander Series challenge started last month and I’m right on schedule. Though if I’m completely honest, I enjoyed book one so much that I’m afraid to read the rest of the series now! What if it doesn’t meet my very high expectations?! I guess we will see. This month I’ll start reading Dragonfly in Amber. Feel free to join me 😉
Coming up in March
I have a lot of exciting things coming this month. A few cover reveals, blog tours, and some exciting new books I can’t wait to share with you 😀 Here are a few of the books I’ll be reading and reviewing for you…(covers link to Goodreads)
What are you looking forward to in March?
I am looking forward to a relaxing month! I have no official plans (woohoo!) and my hubby is on vacation this week. I plan to take it easy, start a little homeschooling with my Liam, and of course read 😉 What are your plans this month? Any good books you can’t wait to get your hands on?