The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you’ve all had a great week. We’ve been slowly getting back into the routine of things since the holidays. Hubby’s back at work and I’m slowly getting the house back in order. Liam and I finally organized all his new toys and donated a lot of older ones. It’s amazing how much stuff doesn’t get done when you’re not around to do it 😉
So I bought myself a little something over the holidays and I started using it this week with my New Year’s reads.
It’s like a diary for book people and I LOVE it!!!! I’ve already written three books in it with all my scribbled notes. It’s really come in handy for when I don’t have time to sit and write a review right away. Here’s what it looks like on the inside.
There’s a place to write down all the demographics, notes on information to look at, and a general notes section where I wrote character info, plot summary, and pages for quotes. Like I said I LOVE it 😀 Want your own? Check it out here: My Bibliofile: A Reading Journal for Book Lovers And yes, you HAVE seen this on the blog before…remember my TTT what to get a book blogger?
Besides being uber-excited about the new journal, I’ve been reading and cleaning all week. What’s your week been like?
Currently I’m about half way through this book and I’m blown away. I haven’t been able to sit it down. In fact, I wanted to keep reading it instead of writing this post 😆 Broken Skies is set in the future after the world fell apart and over half of the human race is extinct. Oh yeah, and there’s aliens 😀
Last Week on the Blog
- Marked by Sarah Fine ★★★★★
- Top Ten Tuesday #21 – 2015 Newbies
- Waiting on Wednesday #7 – The Forsaken by Laura Thalassa
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu ★★★★
- Feature & Follow Friday #1 – Collections of the Non-Bookish Variety
- Read-A-Thon: Dusting Off the Shelves
- Sunday Post #16 – Back to Routines
Coming Up this Week
- Ice Country by David Estes – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To” via Broke and Bookish
- The Magician’s Lie by Greer Macalister – review
- Broken Skies by Theresa Kay – review
- Feature & Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read | This week’s question is “Do you own any doubles of your books? What led to getting that second…or third or fourth…copy?”
- Saturday Shorts | Spearwood Academy Vol. 3 & 4 by A.S. Oren – reviews
Dusting Off The Shelves
I entered in my first read-a-thon this week. It starts tomorrow and sign-ups are open until tonight, Jan. 11th, at 11:59pm. The goal of this read-a-thon is to find your oldest UNREAD ebooks and read them or DNF them and move on. I liked this and as I have over 100 books on my e-reader TBR and it’s a part of COYER I thought I’d give it ago. Check out my goals for the read-a-thon by clicking here. I will be posting some mini-reviews this week as a part of the read-a-thon in addition to the ones I’ve already mentioned.
This Week’s Book Fix
I thought I had a handle on my book problem, but that’s just not the case! 11 new books are in my hands…covers link to Goodreads 😉
- Love Again by T.K. Chapin
- Special Delivery by Ginny Baird
- Entanglement by Dan Rix
- Into the Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden
- Crimson Night by RS Black
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Flirting with Felicity by Gerri Russell
- Miramont’s Ghost by Elizabeth Hall
Thank you Amazon for providing both ARCs this week!
What are you reading this week?
So I have a super busy week ahead. My sweet Grandaddy’s birthday is Saturday and he will be 80 this year. Liam and I are heading down for a few days to spend time with him and I can’t wait 😀 Reading wise will be busy too. I’ve set myself a goal of four books for the Dusting Off the Shelves challenge. That’s double my usual 😕 But I CAN do it!!! What are your reading plans this week?