The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
2014 is officially over and 2015 has started with a bang! Well, not really but it just sounds better to say that 😉 My sweet hubby had to work a 24 hour shift over the holiday so Liam and I had a PJ day and watched Veggie Tales on a continuous loop. It was a great way to start the New Year in my own opinion.
This week I’ll be starting on my New Year’s Resolutions. I did a detox over the weekend (NEVER want to do another one) and tomorrow I start my couch to 5k training. Goal is to run my first 5k at the end of February. Wish me luck!!
I didn’t read too much this week….aw who am I kidding?! Of course I did. To me, it didn’t seem like much. I finally got the chance to finish David Estes’s Ice Country, then I dived into Marked by Sarah Fine (fantastic by the way!), and got my first book from the TN R.E.A.D.S. The Young Elites by Marie Lu (also fantastic!). What have you read this week?
Picked up this over the weekend from the TN R.E.A.D.S. and am only a few pages in. Think I’m going to love it though. (Seriously, what’s not to love about a cyborg retelling of Cinderella?)
Last Week on the Blog
Coming Up this Week
- Marked by Sarah Fine – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Most Anticipated Debut Novels For 2015” via Broke and Bookish
- Children’s Corner | Jake’s Journey by Debbie Dunlap – mini review
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu – review
- Feature & Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read | This week’s questions “Do you have any fun collections (other than books)?”
- Saturday Shorts | Spearwood Academy Vol. 3 & 4 by A.S. Oren – reviews
This Week’s Book Fix
My first book haul of the New Year….not too shabby if I say so myself 😉 I’ve become slightly addicted to the Tennessee R.E.A.D.S (Regional Ebook and Audiobook Delivery System). It’s a public library for ebooks and it’s free with my library card. I think I’m in love Covers link to Goodreads!
- His Frozen Heart by Nancy Straight
- Worlds Between: A Paranormal Collection from Clean Teen Publishing
- Sparrows for Free by Lila Felix
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
- Light a Candle for the Beast by Echo Shea
- Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor
Thank you Echo and Janeal for providing copies of your books!
What are you reading this week?
This week I’m focusing on a healthier me for 2015. I want to be a mom my son can look up to and that starts with fixing my diet and weight! Reading wise I have so many books to choose from! I plan to read a little bit of everything this week. Also thanks to Michael @ Nashville Book Worm for suggesting audiobooks while I run! I’ve already downloaded one of my favorite audios to listen to this week (Water for Elephants in case you were wondering 😉 ) What are your plans this week?