What an amazing start to the New Year!!! I can’t believe that January is already over. I had some amazing reads this month. In fact I should really rename it to Catch-Up month as almost all of my reads were books I’ve been wanting to read and put off for one reason or another. Life wise, I’ve stuck to my guns with my New Year, New Me goals, at least for the most part 😉 More on that Monday.
Other than reading and just generally getting back to normal life after the holidays, my month was rather boring. I read, and by that I mean I CONSUMED every book in front of me! I’ve also been on a crafting kick this month as well. I crocheted several hats for our church’s winter clothing drive and now I’m crocheting a tea set. Not sure why I decided to do this other than that I had a lot of yarn just lying a round and idle hands that needed something to do! What did you do this month?
Favorite January Read
Oh this is hard this month!!! I read a total of 12 books (and I’m close to finishing a 13 book) for this month. As I already said, I didn’t read so much as I consumed books this month! Of the twelve over half were 5 stars….so I decided to share with you my favorite among favorites from this month and it’s really based on how fast I read it 😉
A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.
Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.
Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.
So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.
I read Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch on National Read-a-Thon Day and I wound up staying up til 2am to finish it. It’s an amazing book!! Can’t wait for it’s sequel in October 😀
Favorite January Quote
I cover my mouth to keep from screaming or laughing hysterically. It could go either way at this point. I’m beginning to enjoy the madness. ~Alyssa from Splintered by A.G. Howard
Reviews in January
- Marked by Sarah Fine ★★★★★
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu ★★★★
- Ice Country by David Estes ★★★★
- Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly ★★★★
- The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister ★★★★
- Fast Forward by Juliet Madison ★★★★
- Broken Skies by Theresa Kay ★★★★★
- Persuaded by Misty Dawn Pulsipher ★★★★★
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer ★★★★★
- Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor ★★★★
- Splintered by A.G. Howard ★★★★
- Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay ★★★★★
Other January Fun
- Sunday Post #15 – 2014 is a Wrap!
- Top Ten Tuesday #21 – 2015 Newbies
- Waiting on Wednesday #7 – The Forsaken by Laura Thalassa
- Feature & Follow Friday #1 – Collections of the Non-Bookish Variety
- Read-A-Thon: Dusting Off the Shelves
- Sunday Post #16 – Back to Routines
- Top Ten Tuesday #22 – So Many Books, So Little Time
- Feature and Follow Friday #2 – FEATURED BLOGGER!!!
- Sunday Post #17 – Celebrating Another Big Birthday
- COVER REVEAL: Summer Confessions by Lynn Vroman
- Waiting on Wednesday #8 – Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Read-A-Thon: Scavenger Hunt…COYER Style
- Feature & Follow Friday #3 – Reviewing Places
- COVER REVEAL: Burnt Devotion by Rebecca Ethington
- Top Ten Tuesday #23 – Social Reading…It’s a Thing!
- Waiting on Wednesday #9 – A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
- It’s a New Day!
- January ’15 in Review
- Outlander 2015 Reading Challenge Accepted
Coming up in February
February marks the blog’s one year birthday and I have a lot of exciting things planned: a giveaway, a little something special for my top followers (ladies and gents check your inboxes for an email from me in the coming weeks) and an interview with author Michelle Bryan (whose book was featured my first week blogging….see how it’s all come 360?!). I’m so excited and honored to share this last year with you all and I hope to have many more 😀
COYER is still going strong and I’m a little more than halfway through my goal. Here are a few of the books I’ll be reading to complete it next month. (covers link to Goodreads):
Also coming this month is a new reading challenge. Kay @ It’s a Book Life is hosting The Outlander Series 2015 Reading Challenge. Starting in February, we will be reading one book a month of the series. I’ve wanted to tackle this series for a while now, but it’s massive and having the support from other readers I think I’ll be more likely to complete it 😉 Go check it out and join us!
What are you looking forward to in February?
This is going to be a busy month for me (blogging and personal)! My sweet baby boy is turning FOUR in a few weeks. I’m not sure I can handle that 😉 and a few days later I’ll be 29. And just for the record I’d like to state that it is the FIRST TIME I’ll 29! Not that I’m really concerned about my age or anything 😉 So I have a lot more crafting to do this month in prep for Liam’s party. I’m thinking Legos is the way to go as he is currently obsessed with the toys and movie. I found a ton of cute things on Pinterest to make, like this really cute Lego cake. What are your planning for February?