The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
This week was another whirlwind! Yesterday we had our family Christmas and my husband and I woke up to our three year old yelling, “Mama! Pirates! Look! Mama! Presents! Hurry!” 😆 Needless to say we had a wonderful day! Liam played all day long and crashed about 8:30 last night (shhh…my husband did too 😉 )
I have the world’s best husband by the way 😀 I have been dying to read The Mortal Instruments for a few years now but I’ve put it off for several reasons. Now I have no excuse. You see my sweet husband surprised me for Christmas by reading my blog, in particular my Top Ten Tuesday posts, to find the perfect present. And he did 😀 He gave me the complete TMI set in hardback!!! It’s gorgeous and I can’t wait to delve into it.
What do you want for Christmas this year? Any special plans? As you read this we are in a car on our way to spend Christmas with the rest of our family. Hope you have a blessed week and happy reading!
I started this series over the summer and it’s taking me much longer than I wanted to finish it. However if you love dystopian as I do, I highly recommend you check it! This author writes a great dystopians!
Last Week on the Blog
- Merry Mondays #3 – Mamaw Faye’s Baptist Pound Cake
- Top Ten Tuesday #19 – The Best of the Best 2014 Edition
- Ticker by Lisa Mantchev ★★★
- Hope Rising by Stacy Henrie ★★★★★
- COYER Challenge Accepted!
- Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #13 – Merry Christmas Everyone!
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Favorite Holiday Movie
- My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White – review
- Tim Crachit’s Christmas Carol by Jim Piecuch – review
- Suspicion by Alexandra Monir – review
On The Blog
Merry Mondays is running the whole month of December. Come join the fun! What is Merry Mondays? Why I’m glad you asked It’s a weekly feature for the month of December that I’m super-excited about. Each week will have a different theme all centered around Christmas and the holiday season. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your posts!
This Week’s Book Fix
As Christmas is approaching, I tried to be a good and not go overboard on books this week….not sure I succeeded 😕 As always, covers link to Goodreads.
- Dark Recollections (Adrian’s Undead Diary) by Chris Philbrook
- All I Want for Christmas is You by Lisa Mondello
- Phase Three: Devastate by Rose Wynters
- Maybe Someday and Hopeless by Colleen Hover
- Talon by Julie Kagawa
- Broken Skies by Theresa Kay (Thank you Skyscape for providing a copy through Netgalley!)