Oh Lord!!! Only two days left in 2014!!!!! How is this possible?! This year has flown by. All I want to do is make it stop!
December has been the best! My sweet Daddy turned 50 at the beginning of the month. My wonderful hubby got an entire week off at Christmas and we spent it with our families back home. My son, my beautiful baby isn’t a baby anymore 😥 He’s all potty trained, in big boy underwear and tells me “No Mama, I do it!” for everything!!! Oh and I’m gonna be an Aunt again (x2) 😀
Really this month couldn’t have been any better and I had some great reads too! I got on a kick reading books that were very similar to Hallmark movies. You know like very predictable, clean romances that leave you with the warm and fuzzy feeling at the end. I couldn’t get enough of them! What did you do this month?
Favorite December Read
It’s been almost a year since eighteen-year-old Ella Rodriguez was in a car accident that left her crippled, scarred, and without a mother. After a very difficult recovery, she’s been uprooted across the country and forced into the custody of a father that abandoned her when she was a young child. If Ella wants to escape her father’s home and her awful new stepfamily, she must convince her doctors that she’s capable, both physically and emotionally, of living on her own. The problem is, she’s not ready yet. The only way she can think of to start healing is by reconnecting with the one person left in the world who’s ever meant anything to her—her anonymous Internet best friend, Cinder.
Hollywood sensation Brian Oliver has a reputation for being trouble. There’s major buzz around his performance in his upcoming film The Druid Prince, but his management team says he won’t make the transition from teen heartthrob to serious A-list actor unless he can prove he’s left his wild days behind and become a mature adult. In order to douse the flames on Brian’s bad-boy reputation, his management stages a fake engagement for him to his co-star Kaylee. Brian isn’t thrilled with the arrangement—or his fake fiancée—but decides he’ll suffer through it if it means he’ll get an Oscar nomination. Then a surprise email from an old Internet friend changes everything.
This was my guilty pleasure read this month. I love the heck out of this book! It was a feel-good kinda book that I want to see made into a Hallmark movie 😉
Favorite December Quote
Everything beautiful must die eventually. ~from Ice Country by David Estes
Reviews in December
- Melt by Selene Castrovilla ★★★½
- Under a Georgia Moon by Cindy Roland Anderson ★★★★★
- Addiction by Angela McPherson ★★★★★
- A Christmas Hope by Stacy Henrie ★★★★★
- Ticker by Lisa Mantchev ★★★
- Hope Rising by Stacy Henrie ★★★★★
- Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram ★★★★★
- My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White ★★★★
- Tim Cratchit's Christmas Carol by Jim Piecuch ★★★★★
- Suspicion by Alexandra Monir ★★★½
Interviews in December
None in December 🙁 BUT I have some great authors coming by in January 😉
Other December Fun
- Merry Mondays #1 – Sing…Sing a Song…
- Top Ten Tuesday #18 – Books Coming in 2015
- Book Blitz: Slip by David Estes
- Sunday Post #11 – Big Birthday
- Merry Mondays #2 – Means a Little Bit More
- Waiting on Wednesday #6 – Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
- Sunday Post #12 – Christmas is coming!!!
- Merry Mondays #3 – Mamaw Faye’s Baptist Pound Cake
- Top Ten Tuesday #19 – The Best of the Best 2014 Edition
- COYER Challenge Accepted!
- Sunday Post #13 – Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Merry Mondays #4 – Every Time a Bell Rings…
- Top Ten Tuesday #20 – What to Get a Bookworm for Christmas
- Sunday Post #14 – Christmas is Over, Time for the New Year
- Merry Mondays #5 – New Year, New Me
- COVER REVEAL – Lynn Vroman’s Lost Energy
- December ’14 in Review
- 2014 End of Year Book Survey
Coming up in January
So I joined the COYER Winter 2014-2015 challenge earlier this month and I’ll be working on that throughout January and February. Here are just a few of the books I plan on reading next month…(covers link to Goodreads)
What are you looking forward to in January?
I’m still in shock that 2014 is over and 2015 is starting! As far as what I’m looking forward too…well my grandaddy will be 80 next month and so we’ll be celebrating along with planning for my own son’s 4th birthday in February. Reading wise I’m way too excited about the next Arcana Chronicles! I’ve been dying to read it since last January and the abrupt cliffhanger that left me throwing my Kindle….:oops: yeah my hubby wasn’t too happy about that 😉 What are you reading this month?