Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They’d love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! As would I 😉
The last couple of weeks I’ve missed Top Ten Tuesday and I hate that because these are always so much fun! This week’s topic is “Top Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More.” This was a bit challenging for me as I tend to find an author and read all of their work before moving to the next. I’m a bit OCD like that (kinda like my habit of having to finish a series once I start it). It’s a disease people….at least that’s what my husband tells me 😉 As always, these are in no particular order….Actually I just went back and read my list they’re in alphabetical order. There’s that OCD kicking in again 😀
Top Ten Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More
1. Marina Adair: The book I read was book 5 of the St. Helena series, a contemporary romance about two former flames finding each other again despite some constant fighting. The story was sweet and a very easy read. For me these types of books are perfect little cupcake pieces. You know the kind that are short, easy to read, don’t make you think too hard, and leave with you with a happy feeling. I enjoyed this book so much that I went and bought the first books in the series, now I just need to find time to read them.
2. J.A. Campbell: I received Sabaska’s Tale from the author for review and I was pleasantly surprised at just how much I enjoyed the book. I was hesitant going in because I’m not much of a horse (or any animal) kind of person but this one was good. It’s a YA fantasy on an epic scale. The author has such a unique way of blending the horses into the story making them essential and I learned stuff while reading, always a plus 😉 The sequel just came out and I’m really looking forward to reading it!
3 & 4. Pete Clark & Sarah Daltry: I put these two authors together because I read a book that they co-wrote together last year called Backwards Compatible and loved every word of it. It’s a contemporary romance, but not the normal kind. In fact it was written for nerds like me….you know the gamer chicks and Star Wars fanatics. The book is full of humor and pop culture references. In fact I laughed so hard and so much while reading the book that I was waking my husband up at night. I would love to read more from both authors…maybe another book cowritten together….pretty please?!
5. Neil Gaiman: I know, I know blasphemy right? The only book by this man I’ve read is Stardust and I loved it, even more than the movie. Time to go find Marvel 1602.
6. John Green: The Fault in Our Stars broke me and I just haven’t found the courage to read anymore of this author’s books, though I really should.
7. Ashley C. Harris: I received Shock Me for review through a Goodreads group and it was fast-paced, well-written and left me begging for more. I really can’t wait for more from this author.
8. Kaira Rouda: I read In the Mirror by this author and loved her writing style. The characters and their emotions were so believable, I honestly expected to walk out and meet them on the street. I’ve already purchased a couple of other books from her, now I just need to find the time to read them.
9. Suzy Vitello: I read her newest novel The Empress Chronicles earlier this month and quite simply loved it! It was a mixture of historical fiction and fantasy written for young adults. Beautifully written with characters that came to life on the page, I can’t wait for more 😀
10. Tracey Ward: So technically I’ve cheated with this last author. I’ve read two books from her Quarantined series, a new adult novel about the beginning of a zombie apocalypse. I personally have never been a fan of zombies, but these two books changed that. The author has a very unique gift at writing descriptions that stick with you! The author’s written a sequel series to go with the one I’ve read, but she’s also written some new adult contemporary romance and I’m itching to start them!