Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They’d love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Today’s topic is a hard one. There are many characters I would want with me and it’s taken me several days to narrow it down to 10 and why I chose them over others. I decided to chose characters that would help me survive on a deserted island. Let’s face it, if I was left to my own devices, I would die on a deserted island! I am not an outdoorsy person and it’s laughable to say the least to think of me stranded. So here are the characters I think would give me a fighting chance at survival. These are in no particular rank order.
1. Ilyan from the Imdalind Series by Rebecca Ethington: Okay who wouldn’t want Ilyan with them on a deserted island? I mean really?! He is a magical being. If you get hurt, he can heal you. If you want to leave the island (which if I was stuck with him I wouldn’t) he can fly you out of there. So really being stuck on an island is a moot point if this character is with you because you will never be stuck anywhere.
2. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: Again, this is kinda no brainer. She can hunt, she knows what plants are edible and which ones aren’t, and if there are 22 others on the island hell bent on killing us, she can protect us 😀
3. Kei from the Broken Ones series by Jen Wylie: Kei is a fairy. When he goes into a rage, he grows claws, becomes super fast, and super strong. He can sense when others are near and he is fiercely loyal. Yep I’d want him with me, because if I’m deserted on an island something bad has happened.
4. Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Another no brainer. First she’s a wizard, second she’s a walking, talking computer. Hermoine knows everything about everything! So if I were stuck on a deserted island, she’s one of my top picks. Not only can she fight, but she could find/create shelter and figure out what we could eat. She could also get me off the island!!!
5. Aaron from the Té-Trad Tale by M.A. Wilder: Aaron is a knight which means he ages extremely slowly, he doesn’t need to sleep, and he has the coolest super power ever! He can literally armor up! You know like a suit of armor that knights in the olden days wore? Yeah all he has to do is sense danger and his skin (hair and all) turn metal and the tattoo of a sword on his back becomes an actual sword! So yeah, I want the knight with me!
6. Death from the Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole: Okay so you know Tarot cards? Well that’s the Death I’m talking about except he’s a real guy with real feelings and he kicks some major butt. All he has to do is touch you with his bare skin and you die. Scared of the dude? Absolutely! Want him with me? Yep
7. Adele from the Dwellers Saga by David Este: Adele knows how to fight and fight well. She knows how to survive in harsh conditions, plus I think she would enjoy a trip to an island after being raised in caves 🙂
8. Roar from the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi: I <3 Roar! He’s like my favorite supporting character of all time! He’s an aud, meaning that he has super-sonic hearing and can hear things normal people can’t. In other words, no sneaking up on him. He can even hear people from miles away. Best chance of finding rescue I do believe! Also he is one heck of a fighter.
9. Carlisle from Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer: Yes I want a sparkly vampire with me on the island….at least this sparkly vampire 😆 Carlisle is a doctor so if I’m injured he can fix me, but he also doesn’t drink human blood and seems completely immune to its smell (better him than the others in the Cullen family!). Also his sniffer can find food on the island!
10. Reepicheep from Narnia by C.S. Lewis: Yes I want a giant talking mouse with me on the island. Mainly because this is my list and I want to meet him 😀 But also because every group needs humor in it to keep from despairing about the situation. So Reepicheep is the perfect choice for that. Plus he’s loyal and I’m pretty sure could at least annoy anyone that was trying to hurt me.
Who would chose to be on an island with you?