Does this year just keep going faster and faster? I mean Summer is almost over!!!! I feel like time should just stop for a few days and let me enjoy the moment. Anyways…..this month the blog had a major overhaul getting a new look, a new web address, and some new features 🙂 Let’s take a look back on July.
Favorite July Read
I personally love the story of Ruth in the Bible. It is one of my favorites. This retelling of Ruth is beautifully written and infuses the short Biblical story with a sweet overlay, adding a back story for both Ruth and Boaz. Yes I know that it fictionalizes the story some, but it does it very well and doesn’t take away from the Biblical applications. Rather I believe it adds to it, making the account of Ruth that much more memorable. If you enjoy historical fiction and romance, I highly recommend you check this one out. It is such an amazingly sweet story that I just couldn’t get enough of!
Favorite Quote from July
“There are only so many moments in one’s life, and then it’s over. And I’m determined to make the most of every moment from here on out.”
~ David Estes, The Star Dwellers
Reviews in July
- The City by Dean Koontz ★★★
- Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich ★★★★★
- In the Field of Grace by Tessa Afshar ★★★★
- Midnight Riders by Pete Clark ★★★½
- Contact by Laurisa White Reyes ★★★½
- Ring Around the Rosie by Jen Wylie ★★★★
- The Star Dwellers by David Estes ★★★★★
- Read to Tiger by S. J. Fore ★★★★½
- Rouge by Isabella Modra ★★★★
- A Beautiful Family by Marilyn Cohen de Villiers ★★★★★
- Embers & Ice by Isabella Modra ★★★★★
Interviews in July
Coming up in August
Some exciting things are coming in next month! I have a new contributor that will be posting this month, reviewing mostly nonfiction, an interview with debut author Allegra Jordan, and some new releases. Here are just a few of the books coming your way in August.