The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy first Sunday of 2018 y’all! It’s SO cold outside. I am not in the area of the East coast that has received so much snow, however I’m close enough to it to get the extremely cold temperatures. I’m not going to complain about the cold though. It’s given me an excuse to stay home and curl up with a book 😉 Little man’s Christmas break is almost over. He returns to school tomorrow and I’m so sad. The day after break started he got sick with an upper respiratory infection. At first it was just his ear but a few days later it worsened with fevers reaching 104. Bless him! He did not have a great break. His left ear drum ruptured and now he has a hard time hearing. The doctor said his hearing should return to normal within 4-6 weeks so I’m thankful for that. He finished his antibiotic (3rd round) yesterday and feels so much better, but I’m sad he didn’t get to enjoy his break and was so sick. I’m making big plans for his Spring Break to hopefully make up for it.
Reading wise, I managed to read 4 books this week, all new releases for 2018 and I have to say 2018 is looking like a great reading year 😀
Last Week on the Blog
- New Year New Books in 2018
- New Year New Me in 2018
- TTT #129 – New Authors I Read in 2017
- WoW #113 – Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake
- 2017 Reading Challenges Final Update
- 2018 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge Accepted
- 2018 Reading Challenges Accepted
- January ’18 TBR List
- Sunday Post #136 – A Blustery Start to a New Year
Coming Up this Week
- Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To (and totallyyyy plan to get to in 2018!!)” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Inseparable by Siobhan Davis – blog tour, review
- Stone Silence by Taylor Dean – review
- Poison’s Cage by Breeana Shields – review
- Weekend Reads | Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
Little man goes back to school tomorrow and I’m just not ready. I love him being home! BUT there are a lot of things going on this week so I should stay busy. I’ve promised to be transparent with you all so I plan to. Wednesday we are going to our fertility center for IUI. I’m nervous. With little man, we were able to naturally conceive with help from medication. This isn’t that different so I’m hopeful and nervous and excited. The doctor was also very encouraging, giving us a 70-85% chance of success during the first cycle. With that said, I’d appreciate your good thoughts and prayers this week/month and hopefully I’ll have good news to share with you all next month 😀
Reading wise I’m planning a binge read of A.G. Henley’s The Brilliant Darkness series. The boxset came out towards the end of the year and while I’ve read all but the last book, it’s been a really long time. So I’m excited to dive back into this dystopian world which features a blind protagonist.