It’s that time of year again! #COYER is here 😀 I love this challenge! I participated for the first time three years ago (it doesn’t seem like it’s been that long!) and I’ve been hooked ever since. The girls (our lovely hosts Berls, Michelle, and Stormi) have added a fun element to this challenge as they do every year. It promises to be a challenging one for sure! #COYER switch begins on December 16th and runs through March 9th.
Want to join me? Here’s the rules:
- The challenge begins December 16th at 12am EST and ends March 9th at 11:59pm EST.
- You must create a sign-up post anytime between now and January 20th on blog, goodreads, fb, google+, etc. Be sure to indicate if you’re doing regular COYER or The Switch. Link your sign-up to the linky here.
- You can choose to do regular COYER – which is the same as The Strict – or COYER Switch.
- Link your reviews to the linky that will be provided on the Kick-off Post.
- There will be three grand prize winners – $10 gift card – one for the linky review list, and two for Switch participants.
For more info, see: http://coyerchallenge.com/2017/11/18/sign-coyer-winter-switch/
I am the world’s worst one-clicker….or at least I used to be. I joined KU this year and have slacked off quite a bit in the one-click department. To keep myself prepared for #COYER each winter, I’ve created a collection on my Kindle for books that meet the criteria (ebooks purchased for less than $5) and currently have 500 books in that collection 🤦🏼♀️ SO I have plenty of books to choose from. I plan to participate in the #COYER Switch which has three components and I’ve broke them down below.* My total reading goal is 30 books over the 12 weeks.
*I should note that if you choose to do the challenge you can do the Switch components in any order during the dates listed.
The Strict (Dec. 16 – Jan. 12)
This is good old strict COYER. The rules:
- Every book you read must be an eBook or audiobook.
- Every book must be either free or less than $5.
- No library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited.
This is the regular #COYER. I’m planning to read at least 10 books during these four weeks from my eARC pile and get into my 2018 reads a little early 😉 Here are a few of the books I’m planning to read:
The List (Jan. 13 – Feb. 9)
For The List, you guessed it… you’re making a list!
- Make a list of up to 30 books you want to read.
- Every book on the list must be in your possession BEFORE you put them on the list.
- You can add 5 new books for every 5 books you read.
- Books on the list can be any format, any price, obtained any LEGAL way… so that means library books, KU, borrowed, etc.
Y’all love I know lists right 😉 My goal is to read at least 10 books during this four weeks so I’m making a list of 15 since you know I’m a mood reader and all. I’ve got a lot of books I’m wanting to read and this gives me the excuse to do so. Here are the books I’ll be choosing from:
The One with the Twist (Feb. 10 – Mar. 9)
The One with the Twist is probably my favorite…
- You can read ANY book. ANY price. Obtained any LEGAL way.
- The Twist is, you have to stick with one format. If you choose audiobooks, then only the audiobooks you read during this phase will count. If you choose eBooks, then only eBooks you read during this phase will count. ETC….
This last portion is slightly harder for me to decide on. I plan to read 10 books during this phase and I’m trying to decide which format I want to do: ebook or audiobook. This year I’ve come to really love audios, however I only average about 2 per week and that’s only if there is absolutely NOTHING scheduled. And well February tends to be busy as little man’s birthday falls during that time as does my own. With that in mind, I’m choosing ebooks. I have a ton of eARCs and other eBooks on my kindle already that need to be read. Most likely I will read what I didn’t get to on my list during this time.
Follow my progress below by bookmarking this page or follow my shelf on Goodreads.
COYER Winter Switch: 8/30
- Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking
- Inseparable by Siobhan Davis
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
- Poison's Cage by Breeana Shields
- The Scourge by A.G. Henley
- The Keeper by A.G. Henley
- #Starstruck by Sariah Wilson
- The Program by Suzanne Young
Are you participating in the challenge? What’s your goals? Share below