This meme is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. By the first Saturday of the month, I’ll pick three books from my massive TBR pile and then you will vote which one I read. Majority vote wins and I’ll post the winner on the second Saturday of the month. Then I will read the book and on the last Saturday of the month I’ll share what I thought about the book you picked for me to read. Fun right ? I’ve tweaked this meme just a little and will also share with you what I plan to read for the month. Voting is at the bottom.
Happy Saturday y’all! I can’t believe it is already November. How did that happen?! I did pretty well with my October TBR, reading 8 of the 11 I wanted to read, including the one y’all voted for. (See the next post for my review of last month’s pick The Lie by C.L. Taylor!) This month’s TBR list is going to look a little different. I’m planning to participate in two reading challenges this month: HoHoHo Read-a-Thon which takes place the 8th through the 15th and Can You Read a Series in a Month? which takes place all of November. Read on for info on both challenges and be sure to help me out by voting for my TBR book at the bottom of the post.
The Can You Read a Series in a Month? Challenge is hosted by Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun and Michelle @ Because Reading. I have always loved binging series whether that’s a TV show, movies, or books. I hate cliffhangers, so I’m the girl that usually waits until a series is finished so I’m not hanging too long between books. This challenge is right up my alley and I’ve wanted to participate in it for a while. It started on November 1st at midnight and closes on November 30th.
- Pick 1 series. Yes, just 1. Announce which series you’ve picked on your sign up post.
- Read EVERY book in the series. You don’t have to read novellas or short stories, just the core books.
- Read them all between 12am (your time) November 1st and 11:59pm (your time) November 30th. They MUST be marked (on Goodreads) as started and finished in the month of June to count.
- Enjoy bragging to everyone about how you’re all caught up on whatever series you read (AKA – have fun)!
I am planning to read a three book series this month, specifically Stacey Rourke’s The Legends Saga, which features the books Crane, Raven, and Steam. It’s a loose retelling of The Headless Horseman so I’m all in, plus aren’t these covers gorgeous 😍
You can track my progress below or follow my shelf on Goodreads.
Can You Read a Series in a Month? Challenge 2017: 0/3
The HoHoHo Readathon is hosted by Kimba @ the Caffeinated Reviewer. This will be the third year I’ve participated in this challenge/readathon and it is honestly one I look forward to the most. While I don’t typically read a lot of contemporary romance, I do love small town Christmas romances, the squeaky clean (or almost clean) kind that reminds me a lot of watching a Hallmark movie. The readathon starts on November 8th and ends the 15th. You can sign up here until November 10th!
- Link-up (it is not necessary to link to goal post, just link to the account/blog you will be using)
- Before or on November 8th post a goals post to your blog. If you do not have a blog, declare your intentions on social media and link to this page, then create a shelf on Goodreads with intended books) Be sure and link back to Caffeinated Reviewer. If you do not have a blog or Goodreads account and wish to participate you could use Instagram or Facebook. Contact me if unsure.
- It might be a good idea to friend, like or follow me on whatever social media site you use so we can see your progress. Just mention Ho-Ho-Ho so I can follow you back.
- Grab the image and share! Tell your friends, post the image and link on social media using Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google + or Instagram Be sure to include a link to this page, so others may join.
- Participate in at least one challenge to be eligible for grand prize
- Read/listen to as many Holiday or Winter themed books as you can. (Winter can be new years setting, snowstorm etc. If you are unsure contact me)
- Tweet your progress using #hohohorat
- Twitter Party! Wednesday, November 15, 2017, at 8:30 pm (EST) #hohohorat Come chat about the books you have read. There will be prizes.
- Challenge schedule and Grand Prize widget will post on November 8th at/by 8 am (EST)
- Read-a-thon starts on November 8th 12:o1 am (your time zone) and ends on November 15 at 11:59 pm (your time zone)
- Challenges will be open from 8 am (EST) on the 8th and stay open until Nov 15th at 11:59 pm (EST)
- Grand Prize Raffle will be open until November 16th at 11:59 pm (EST) to allow you to submit entries.
- All winners of challenges and the grand prize will be notified by November 20th.
The readathon is a full week and I plan to indulge myself and read nothing but holiday books the entire week. My goal is to read at least 5 books during this time which should sufficiently put me in the mood to decorate my house for the Christmas holidays 😉 Here are the books I plan to read (during the readathon AND all month):
You can track my progress below or follow my shelf on Goodreads.
HoHoHo Readathon 2017: 0/5
Here are the three books I pulled off my TBR shelf that I’d like to read this month. Help me out by voting below for the book you think I should read in November 😀
I didn’t ask for any of this. I didn’t ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado – taking you with it – you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I’ve read the books. I’ve seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can’t be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There’s still a yellow brick road – but even that’s crumbling.
What happened? Dorothy.
They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.
My name is Amy Gumm – and I’m the other girl from Kansas.
I’ve been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I’ve been trained to fight.
And I have a mission.
I have had this book on my TBR for a LONG time. I love The Wizard of Oz and all of its various retellings. I’ve heard nothing but great things for this series so maybe I’ll finally get a chance to dive into it 😀
Crooked Kingdom: the highly anticipated sequel to Leigh Bardugo’s thrilling #1 New York Times-bestselling Six of Crows.
Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn’t think they’d survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they’re right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz’s cunning and test the team’s fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city’s dark and twisting streets—a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.
Six of Crows was my TBR read in September and while it started off kind of slow, I wound up loving it. I’m so engrossed in this world and I desperately need to know what will happen to all the characters. I loved them all so much!
In the next installment of the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series, follow Chaol on his sweeping journey to a distant empire.
Chaol Westfall has always defined himself by his unwavering loyalty, his strength, and his position as the Captain of the Guard. But all of that has changed since the glass castle shattered, since his men were slaughtered, since the King of Adarlan spared him from a killing blow, but left his body broken.
His only shot at recovery lies with the legendary healers of the Torre Cesme in Antica–the stronghold of the southern continent’s mighty empire. And with war looming over Dorian and Aelin back home, their survival might lie with Chaol and Nesryn convincing its rulers to ally with them.
But what they discover in Antica will change them both–and be more vital to saving Erilea than they could have imagined.
After reading Empire of Storms I’m a little scared to read Chaol’s story. The series has diverged from YA into a more adult fantasy, which would have been good to know before reading the book, but you know….whatever 😉 Throne of Glass is still one of my favorite series and I plan to see it to the end.
Time to Vote! Which book do you think I should read in November?