The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! Fall weather has arrived to East TN and I could not be more thrilled. I dug out my boots and plaid shirts, and I haven’t been this comfortable since last fall 😀 The windows have been open almost all week. We even had to turn the heat on one morning. It’s glorious! And y’all it’s football time!!! My team won this week which was just the icing on the cake. I really do love this time of year.
This week was an exciting week, though to be honest I could have done without the added excitement. On Thursday, not long after my son and I got home, I opened the windows and we were sitting down to do homework when the entire house shook and a sound from outside that I can only describe as loud stopped our normal routine. I jumped up and started looking out all the windows only to see a large plume of smoke in the distance. We live on a ridge so we have a fantastic view of our little town and a couple of the chemical plants nearby. One of those plants had an explosion. To put this into perspective for you, we live three miles from the plant and it still shook our house. I ran to close all the windows and shut off our AC. It was several hours before the all clear was given and we still don’t know what caused the explosion, if anything harmful was released, etc. All I know is it was scary and I’m so thankful for the quick response of EMA and that (thankfully) no one was injured in the explosion.
Friday was a much better day 😉 My son’s school had superhero day and all the students dressed as their favorite superhero. If you have a Facebook account, I’d appreciate it if you’d like the below photo. The winning class gets a movie/popcorn day. My little man is the Superman posing in the center 😅
Reading wise, I’m back in the game!! I binged the Forget Tomorrow series by Pintip Dunn this week, read one other book and listened to one book. That makes my total read for the week 5 😀 My reading mojo is back!
Last Week on the Blog
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas
- Sunday Post #121 – August ’17 in Review
- TTT #120 – Books I Struggled to Finish
- WoW #102 – Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- The Last One by Alexandra Oliva ★★
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller ★★★
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn ★★★★
- Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn ★★★★★
- Seize Today by Pintip Dunn ★★★★
- Sunday Post #122 – Fall, Football, and Explosions
Coming Up this Week
- Masked by J.D. Wright – blog tour, author interview
- Perfectly You by Robin Daniels – spotlight
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Throwback Freebie” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Feels Like the First Time by Marina Adair – review
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen – review
- Weekend Reads | The Gender Secret by Bella Forrest
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
I haven’t really looked too far ahead this week. My heart is heavy thinking about the people of Florida and the Caribbean Islands as Irma bears down on them. Then there was the earthquake and Katia in Mexico. The fires in the Northwest. The recovery efforts after Harvey…my heart is just heavy. There are so many people hurting right now. I pray they are safe and will do what I can to help.