The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! How is it already February?! The months seem to be going faster and faster. January was an exciting month. We found a house and I’ve spent the last couple of weeks picking out the details (since it is partially finished and still under construction). It was really exciting being able to pick out the light fixtures and plumbing, the granite color for the countertops and being able to ask for specific details on the outside (like brick stairs). The house is almost finished now, hopefully finished on Valentine’s Day with a close date at the end of the month.
I read a total of 12 books in January and reviewed 14 books. I think I can officially say that the slump that struck me the last half of 2016 is over. I’ve been averaging 3-4 books a week and don’t see myself slowing down anytime soon.
Favorite January Read
Favorite January Quote
But history could be twisted and warped to suit the person telling it.
~from Frostblood by Elly Blake
Reviews in January
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas ★★★★★
- Freeks by Amanda Hocking ★★★★
- V is for Virgin by Kelly Oram ★★★★
- A is for Abstinence by Kelly Oram ★★★★★
- Poison's Kiss by Breeana Shields ★★★★★
- The Vampire Mafia by M.A. Wilder ★★★★
- Finding Kyler by Siobhan Davis ★★★★★
- Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr ★★★★
- Through Glass: The Blue by Rebecca Ethington ★★★★½
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber ★★★★★
- In All My Life by Ciara Knight ★★★★
- Frostblood by Elly Blake ★★★★★
- The Gender Game by Bella Forrest ★★★★★
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare ★★★★
Other January Fun
- Sunday Post #106 – December ’16 in Review
- Top Ten Tuesday #106 – Debuts of 2017
- Waiting on Wednesday #85 – Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop
- Sunday Post #107 – First Snow of 2017
- Merry Mondays #26 – New Year New Me 2017
- Top Ten Tuesday #107 – 2016 Reads on My TBR
- Waiting on Wednesday #86 – Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Children’s Corner: When You’re Feeling Sick by Coy Bowles ★★★
- Waiting on Wednesday #87 – Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
- Top Ten Thursday #108 – 2016’s Hidden Gems
- Sunday Post #108 – We Bought a House
- Top Ten Tuesday #109 – Ten Shocking Endings
- Waiting on Wednesday #88 – Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
- Freebie Blast: Through Glass by Rebecca Ethington
- Sunday Post #109 – Adding a Personal Touch
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Romance is in the air. Who is your favorite book boyfriend/couple?
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Books I Wish Had (More/Less) X In Them” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Saven Deliverance by Siobhan Davis – review
- Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones – review
- Through Glass: The Rose by Rebecca Ethington – review
- Weekend Reads | One Blood Ruby by Melissa Marr
This Week’s Book Fix
And this quarter’s #YAlit box from Quarterly came in yesterday:
What are you looking forward to in February?
February is always an exciting month for us. It’s my son’s birthday and mine. And this year we will be closing on our house as well. So this month will be busy but so many exciting things to think about 😀 With the house nearly finished, I really need to start packing. I really dread this step, but I just keep reminding myself that it will be the last time we move for (hopefully) a really, REALLY long time.
Reading wise, there are a ton of new books coming out this month I’m excited for. I have several review copies I need to read for this month and I can’t wait to dive in. I think I’m most excited for S. Jae-Jones’ Wintersong which is a Labyrinth retelling. Seriously I was sold by the cover alone. I started it this morning and have really high hopes for it.
What exciting things are you doing this month? Any big Valentine’s plans? Is there a book you’ve been waiting on that is coming in February? Share below