In 2015, I discovered my love of reading challenges. In 2016, I tackled my first year-long challenges. I didn’t fare so well. I completed only 2 of 4 for the year. So in 2017, it’s go big or go home for me 😀 Thanks to Tanya @ GirlXOXO for creating this master list of reading challenges, I found 8 (yes, EIGHT) challenges I will be participating in this year. All of the challenges start January 1st and end December 31st, 2017. Read on to see which challenges I’m going to complete this year.
The Audiobook Challenge 2017 is hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Hot Listens. During 2016, my son started school and I found myself at a loss for what to do during the day. I couldn’t sit still and read because I couldn’t focus. My hands needed to be doing something. Then I remembered just how much I LOVE audiobooks. In September, my husband let me set up an audible account and it was all down hill after that. I average around 2-3 audiobooks a month, listening on double speed and crocheting or doing chores while my son is at school. For this challenge, you simply listen to audiobooks. You can sign up anytime between now and December 31, 2017.
- Challenge begins January 1, 2017 and ends on December 31, 2017. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2016.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
I am aiming for the Socially Awkward level (15-20) audiobooks for the year. I think that is doable. I only listen when my son is at school so I’ll be taking the summer off from audios….I’ll probably have withdrawals 😉 You can track my progress below or follow my shelf on Goodreads.
Audiobook Challenge 2017: 12/20
The Blogger Shame Review Challenge is hosted by Anna @ herding cats & burning soup. I participated in this challenge last year and failed! This is for those review books that are past due, maybe been sitting on your shelf for 4+ months. 2015 was a bad year for me and I got behind. I’ve spent this year trying to catch up but I still have some books that slipped through the cracks. 2017 I’m going to catch up! You can sign up for this challenge here.
- Any review book that is 4+ monthsPAST DUE.
- Yep. Only OLD review requests that have slipped through the cracks count.
- Any format, any length.
My goal this year is to catch up. I currently have 70ish books sitting on my ARC shelf to read. Some of those are over a year old. *hangs head in shame* My goal is to read 24 books for this challenge this year if not more. I want to end 2017 with NO ARCs on my shelf to read (except those releasing in 2018). *chants* I can do this…You can track my progress below or follow my shelf on Goodreads.
Blogger Shame Review Challenge 2017: 7/24
The Dystopia Reading Challenge is hosted by Tracy @ Cornerfolds and Claudia @ My Soul-Called Life. I kicked this challenges butt last year and plan to do it again. I’m a sucker for dystopia 😀 It’s my go-to genre when I’m not feeling like reading. It sucks me in every time! This challenge runs from January 1st to December 31, 2017. You can sign up now until November 2017.
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
- You can join anytime before November 1, 2017
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2017
- Audiobooks, re-reads, short stories, and crossovers are fine
- You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! You can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc.
- Sign-up below with your post, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc. and lave a comment letting us know what your personal goal is
- Link up your reviews each month on the post we’ll provide!
In 2016, I earned the Leader badge before Summer hit so I don’t think I’ll have an issue beating 16+ again this year. The hosts have added an additional challenge with a BINGO card that I plan to attempt to fill. You can track my progress below or follow my shelf on Goodreads.
2017 Dystopia Reading Challenge: 18/16
The 2017 New Release Challenge is hosted by Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! In 2016, I participated in this challenge and read 96 new releases 😀 I enjoyed this challenge as it pushed me to read new books as they were released and I was able to see what others thought of the books as well through the link-ups. The challenge starts January 1st and runs through December 31, 2017. You can sign up until Feb. 15th.
- Books have to be released and reviewed in 2017.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley / Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2017 New Release Reading Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages, it can be in any format though, physical, e-book, ARC or audiobook.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2017, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2017.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don’t be shy!
In 2017, I’m taking a step back from new releases. Not saying I’m going to read NO new books, on the contrary I’m just going to be choosy. With that in mind, I’m going for the second level on the challenge: New Release Pro (31-60 books) and challenging myself to 50 new books this year. You can track my progress below or follow my shelf on Goodreads.
2017 New Release Challenge: 62/50
I decided to split this post into two. Look for Part two later this afternoon 😀
Are you joining any challenges this year? Which ones and what are your goals? Share below