The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
I needed this week…we did nothing! There were no plans, some rain, and no need to get out of my pjs all week. It was really nice and relaxing….and no I didn’t really stay in my pjs all week….I wanted to but I resisted 😉
Little man and I did a lot of indoor play as it was either too hot to be outside for long OR it was raining. (Is it just me in my corner of the world or have we really had a wet summer?) We did some crafts for my new niece and nephew, played Jedi, and created with Legos. We also did a lot of reading. I’m beginning to think little man is starting to read a little on his own….that or he has memorized his books….either is a good possibility!
This week was a good reading week for me. I finished The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas (review up later this week) and then I moved on to Jennifer L Armentrout’s Lux series. Why have I not started this before?! I picked up book one as a Kindle freebie a long time ago and decided to read it for COYER, devoured it in one sitting and thank the Lord above that the library had book two ready to check out because I consumed it the next night. Now I have to wait for the rest….dang library 😉 What did you read this week?
I received this and the rest of the series through Netgalley a while back and thought it was time to read them. The third book As Black as Ebony will be out in the States on 8/4. So far it’s just ok. It’s not what I expected. I’m thinking maybe some things have been lost in translation. I’m roughly half way through and honestly I’m making myself read it….not good!
Last Week on the Blog
- Merry Mondays #8 – Cheeseburger Stromboli & Baked Potato Salad
- The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey ★★★★★
- Through Glass - Episode Eight by Rebecca Ethington ★★★★★
- FF #19 – Let’s Talk Movies
- Weekend Reads #38 – The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- The Elite by Kiera Cass ★★★★
- The One by Kiera Cass
- Sunday Post #37 – Low Key Week
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | Favorite Holiday/Seasonal Reads
- Inside Out by Lia Riley – blog tour & review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Gildemer: The Present by A.S. Oren – review
- At the Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen – review
- Hope’s Deceit by Angela McPherson – cover reveal
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas – review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “If you could get an ARC of any book, already published, or not yet, what would it be?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | Lumikki Andersson series by Salla Simukka – series review
Christmas in July
With the year a little more than halfway over, I couldn’t resist bringing a little holiday cheer to the summer. Merry Mondays is a weekly feature that I started last December and I thought would be fun for July as well. Each week will have a different theme all centered around Christmas and the holiday season. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your post!
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
As you read this I’m driving back home for one last visit before little man starts preschool (only 2 weeks left!!!). Looking forward to seeing my new niece and nephew and my other two nieces 😀 along with the rest of the family! Reading will probably be a minimum this week, but I do plan to (at least attempt) to finish Simukka’s series and maybe a book just for fun. We’ll see what I have time for. What are you doing this week?